First batch of 4 coaches of the first prototype train for the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 Corridor arrived in Mumbai in the wee hours on 2nd August, 2022.
- The 4 trailers, carrying one coach each, have reached the city traversing 1,400 km. distance from SriCity, Andhra Pradesh in 13 days.
- Next batch of 4 coaches will arrive in Mumbai soon.
- The 4 coaches – weighing 42-tonne each – were brought by special 8-axelled trailers with 64 wheels.
- All the 8 coaches will be assembled and the train will be formed at the “temporary facility of train delivery and testing track area”, set up at Sariput Nagar.
- The initial design proving trial runs of prototype trains will be conducted in the 3-km. stretch of MML-3 tunnel from the temporary facility to Marol Naka Metro Station.
Source: MMRC -Press Release