On Wednesday, the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) accomplished it’s 27th breakthrough and completed work on the first tunnel beneath the Mithi River for the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 project. A Terratec make TBM Godavari-3 tunneled a distance of 1.5 Kms within 287 days using 1072 seg rings.
- With this Package 5 has completed 7.5 Kms of 7.9 kms tunneling.
- Also, the Metro-3 on Tuesday successfully achieved its 26th breakthrough at Worli station.
- Package 4 Herrenknecht make TBM Krishna-3 tunneled 1.28 km downline from Siddhivinayak to Worli using 916 segment rings.
- Package 4 completed 9.06 km out of 10.96 km.
- Metro-3 is a 33.5 KMs long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ.
- This metro line will have 27 stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
- The MMRC is implementing the Mumbai Metro Line–3 project.
Image Credit: MMRC