Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC), on November 6, 2020 achieved the 34th breakthrough of the 648-m long tunnel from Churchgate to Hutatma Chowk station. Robbinsmade Dual mode hard rock Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Surya-1 has completed the upline stretch in 292 days using 506 rings.
“Hutatma Chowk is one of the most significant stations on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor as it provides proximity to Churchgate station, Bombay High Court, head offices of various banks and financial institutions, Consulates of a few countries, Bombay Stock Exchange, Ballard Estate, many hospitals, Colleges, Wankhede and Brabourne Stadiums, Jehangir Art Gallery, National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Asiatic Library, Gateway of India and a number of delicious cuisines etc.”, said Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, Managing Director, MMRC.
- The overall progress of Hutatma Chowk station is 53%.
- Package-1, which consists of Cuffe Parade, Vidhan Bhavan, Churchgate and Hutatma Chowk stations, showcases overall tunnelling progress of 81% and 70% of overall station work.
- The total tunnelling of the project completed is 89% and civil work is 61%.
- The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC), on October 16,2020, achieved the 33rd breakthrough of the 653-m long tunnel from Churchgate to Hutatma Chowk station.
- It is the first TBM breakthrough inside NATM tunnel employing Robbins-made Dual mode hard rock Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Surya-2 which has completed this downline stretch in 275 days using 502 rings.
- Mumbai Metro Line – 3 (MML – 3) is one of such key projects to improve the transportation scenario in the financial capital of India i.e. Mumbai.
- MML-3 project – a 33.5 Km long corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, envisages to decongest the traffic situation in Greater Mumbai.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line–3(MML-3) project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India(GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra(GOM) on 50:50 sharing basis.
Source: MMRC-Press Release