Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC), achieved its 40th breakthrough at Mahalaxmi Metro Station on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor. Robbins made TBM Tansa-1 completed its downline drive of 1135.5 meters from Science Museum Metro Station to Mahalaxmi Metro Station in 325 days using 757 concrete rings.
“We have now completed twin tunnels beneath the western railway track between Mahalaxmi and Lower Parel Station. Also, the tunnels are in close proximity to the 17m deep MCGM underground sewer pumping station at Jacob Circle. I must say, our team has accomplished this daunting task skilfully”, said Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, Managing Director, MMRC.
- Package-3, which includes Mumbai Central, Mahalaxmi, Science Museum, Acharya Atre Chowk and Worli Metro stations, is the longest stretch of the corridor and has now witnessed a total of four breakthroughs:
- Science Museum to Worli (Upline–2072m and Downline-2057m)
- Science Museum to Mahalaxmi (Upline-1117.5m and Downline-1135.5m)
- The overall tunnelling completed on the corridor is 53-km which is approximately 97% of the total project.
- Meanwhile, on 21.07.2021, the MMRC had achieved its 39th breakthrough at Mahalaxmi Metro Station on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor.
- Robbins made TBM Tansa-2 completed its upline drive from Science Museum Metro Station to Mahalaxmi Metro Station in 257 days using 745 concrete rings.
About the project:
- Mumbai Metro Line-3 (MML-3) is one of such key projects to improve the transportation scenario in the financial capital of India i.e. Mumbai. MML-3 projects a 33.5 Km.
- A long corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, envisages to decongest the traffic situation in Greater Mumbai.
- Upon completion, this fully underground corridor with 27 stations would connect Six business districts, 30 educational institutes, 30 recreational facilities and domestic as well as international airport terminals.
- It will have five interchange points for suburban railway and one each for Monorail and ‘Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar’ Metro-1.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line-3(MML-3) project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India (GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra(GOM) on a 50:50 sharing basis.
Source: MMRC-Press Release