Share with your network
The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has successfully completed tunnelling under the main channel of the Mithi river for Mumbai Metro Line 3 corridor. Of the 1.18 km, both tunnels have crossed the 270-metre-long active river channel.
- The portion is between BKC and Dharavi station and is part of the 1.48 km tunnels being built between the two stations.
- The two Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) had completed 87% and 65%, and were expected to finish work by the end of March.
- One TBM has around 200 metres left to tunnel, while the secon has 500 metres remaining.
- The tunnels are about 8-12 metres below the surface of the water.
- Mumbai Metro Line-3 project is a 33.5 KMs long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 at grade.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line–3(MML-3) project.
Be the first to comment