Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has awarded the contract for the Operation and Maintenance of Mumbai’s first fully underground Metro corridor Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC).
- The contract was awarded after an international competitive bidding process in which DMRC emerged as the lowest successful bidder.
- The contract for the Operation and Maintenance of Mumbai Metro Line-3 is a significant milestone for MMRC in making the line operational. The selected O&M contractor M/s DMRC is a pioneer in the metro rail sector in India, having successfully operated and maintained the Delhi Metro for over two decades.
- The period of contract is ten years. The O&M contractor will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the line including management of OCC, DCC, Stations, running of trains, maintaining the trains and all the metro systems infrastructure, and ensuring the safety of passengers.
- They will be governed by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure clean, efficient and hustle free services to Mumbaikars.
- MMRC will continue to perform duties as the Metro Rail Authority, and will be responsible for roles of revenue management, multimodal integration, business and brand management, public relations, legal compliances, non-fare box revenue generation, servicing debt, payments & coordination with regulatoryBoards for utilities etc.
Ms. Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC, said “We are happy to associate with DMRC; one of the leading Metro operating companies in the country for operation and maintenance of Mumbai’s first underground Metro line. Operation and Maintenance is a crucial component for any metro. We at MMRC are committed to provide, sleek, comfortable, safe,reliable, and high-quality service to our passengers in a cost effective way.”
Source: MMRCL- Press Release | Images Credit: MMRC