Share with your network
- Accordingly, preparatory work of site cleaning and levelling has been undertaken. Contractors have begun the re-mobilisation at the site. All the work being undertaken is in strict compliance of relevant orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Hon’ble Bombay High Court and that of Government of Maharashtra.
- The temporary delivery facility for unloading, assembling and stabling of the first Metro train and for conducting trial and testing on Main Line has already been completed in consonance with earlier orders issued by the Government of Maharashtra.
- This facility is at the exit point of the tunnel at the ramp area near Marol Maroshi road. 8 coaches of one full train are made in India and are on the way to the facility by Road from SriCity. Trial runs are expected to start soon.
- MMRC will undertake the car depot work independent of the delivery facility as both these activities would be in progress simultaneously.
- The car depot is a crucial nerve centre of any Metro line. Besides the day-to-day maintenance, the car depot is used for preventive, corrective and also major maintenance activities. These facilities ensure proper functioning of the rolling stock. These are critical aspects for the comfortable, speedy and safe journey of commuters every day.
- There are Stabling Lines, wheel profiling facilities, test tracks to run safety checks on trains and other infrastructure related to passenger safety, comfort and maintenance of other infrastructure of Line 3. It will also house the Operation Control Centre (OCC).
- Road trailers carrying 8 cars of prototype train of Mumbai Metro Line-3 have been dispatched from ALSTOM’s Train manufacturing plant at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh and will be arriving soon in Mumbai.
- To conduct initial design proving trial runs of this prototype train, temporary facilities have been set up near the ramp of the MML3 tunnels at Marol Maroshi Road, Sariput Nagar to receive and assemble its metro cars. This prototype train will further undergo static testing, maintained and parked in this temporary facility.
- Initial design proving trial runs of prototype trains will be conducted in the 3-kms stretch of MML3 tunnel from this temporary facility to Marol Naka Metro Station.
- MMRC expects to complete the car depot work and start commercial operations of PhaseI – SEEPZ to BKC – in the first quarter of 2024.
Source: MMRC -Press Release