Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA visited the Metro Line 7 site on 12.06.2021 to review the delay in the project progress & to plan the next course of action to speed up the timeline. After the on-site project review, the Metropolitan Commissioner discussed metro rail compressing schedules & parallel works.
- He also directed the officials to examine the connection between Goregaon Station to Ram Mandir Suburban Station on Metro Line 7.
- Meanwhile, in a video-meeting with the BEML team recently, Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas discussed the progress of metro works, operational timeline & rolling stocks, along with other details regarding the metro project.
About the project:
- Metro Line 7 from Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) is 16.475 km. long elevated corridor with 13 stations.
- It will provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It will facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Andheri, JVLR and Dahisar.
- The Metro line will provide rail based access to the Mumbai International Airport (CSIA), SEEPZ, National Park and other commercial and geographical landmarks.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Dahisar in an extent of 15 Ha.
Trial Run begins:
Meanwhile, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has recently started the initial Metro Trial Runs on a 20-km long metro stretch from Dhanukarwadi (Line 2A) to Goregaon East (Line 7).
- The dynamic testing and trial runs will be conducted by the joint team of MMRDA, MMMOCL, BEML & DMRC.
- This thorough testing will continue for 4 months as it will undergo various clearance and safety norm approvals.
- The pandemic created many obstacles such as labor migration, procuring of stocks from various countries, and lockdown restrictions.
- MMRDA said,”But we would like to share our appreciation for the commitment shown by the whole workforce towards the goal of Mumbai In Minutes.”
- The CEIG conducted the prerequisite statutory requirement of inspecting the OHE line on 22nd May.
- MMRDA said,”as soon as we got the approval to charge the OHE line on the trial stretch, our team promptly carried out the final preparations for the first ever trial run on Line 2A & Line 7.”