In continuation to tender for Topographical Survey for extension of Metro Line-5, the DMRC has now invited e-tender for Geotechnical Investigation work for DPR preparation for extension of Metro Corridor from Rajiv Gandhi Chowk to Temghar via Vanjarpatti Naka and Durgadi Chowk to Ulhasnagar via Kharakpada and Shahad.
- Tender No.: NIT/03/GM/CS/2020-21
- Description of work: Geotechnical Investigation work for preparation of DPR for extension of Mumbai Metro Line-5 from Rajiv Gandhi Chowk to Temghar and Durgadi Chowk to Ulhasnagar
- EMD: 25,350/-
- Cost of Tender Document: INR 5,900/-
- Period of completion: 2 months
- Estimated cost: INR 12,65,867/-
Scope of work:
The work mainly comprises of Geotechnical Investigation work for preparation of DPR for extension of Mumbai Metro Line-5 from Rajiv Gandhi Chowk to Temghar and Durgadi Chowk to Ulhasnagar. (15 km approx.): The project site is located in the area of Mumbai.
Activities to be performed are as follows:
- Drilling of 150 mm diameter boreholes in all types of soils upto 30 m depth
- Conducting Standard Penetration Tests in bore holes at regular intervals of 1.5m as per I.S. Code of practice and also in-situ tests as per Schedule.
- Collecting undistrubed soil samples from bore holes at every change of strata subject to a minimum of two per bore hole as per I.S. Code of practice.
- Recording of water table level in the bore holes after completion of boring.
- Drilling bore holes upto a maximum depth of 5 metres in intact Hard Rock (RQD >50%) or 10 m in weathered rock (RQD upto 50%) or 30 metres in soil (upto N=100) using hydraulic/calyx rig by wash boring method as per the directions of Engineer-in-charge and as detailed in Technical Specifications and Schedule.
- Conducting in-situ permeability tests in Rocky strata and tests in labs in all other types of soils.
- Collecting rock core samples from bore holes and record the RQD.
- Conduct all necessary laboratory tests on samples collected as per Schedule and Technical Specifications.
- Survey of bore holes for elevation and plotting of bore hole locations in alignment plan.
- Preparation of report summarizing the details of soil/rock classifications, analysis of test data and recommending the type of foundations to be adopted with design calculations for the proposed Elevated corridor duly highlighting the design criteria and design methodology and different groups of soil strata encountered.
Tender documents can only be obtained online after registration of the tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA