Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has invited an open e-tender for the work “Contract AE-07R: “Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Building Management system at 17 stations of Mumbai Metro Line-2A.”
- Tender Reference Number: AE-07R
- Approximate cost of work: INR 4.89 Crore
- Completion period of the work: 12 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20-Jul-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 19-Aug-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 30-Jul-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06-Aug-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 19-Aug-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 20-Aug-2021
- The objective of the contract is the Building Management System. In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
- Building Management System at Elevated stations of Line 2A of Mumbai Metro: Shall include 17 nos. Elevated stations of Line 2A of Mumbai Metro From D.N. Nagar to Dahisar and shall be done in accordance with Employer’s Requirements and the other requirements of the Contract.
- Building Management System at Elevated stations of Line 2A of Mumbai Metro: shall be of highest standards available using proven up-to-date good Engineering practices.
- The Specification shall in any case not specify standards which, in the Engineer’s opinion, are less than or inferior to those described in the Technical Specifications contained in the Tender Documents.
- Contractor shall use the material/components/products make as approved by the employer’s representative before execution of the work.
Scope of Work:
The contractor will execute the work i.e., “Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Building Management System at 17 stations of Mumbai Metro Line-2A”
- SITC of Building Management System.
- Integration of BMS with systems of E&M, S&T etc as required.
- Any other associated works.
The Above Works are indicative only and not exhaustive.
NOTE: – The work may be carried out during 24X7 hours as required as per site condition. Scope of work shall also include the following.
- De-mobilization, clearing of all temporary works after completion of work.
- Any other item of work as may be required to be carried out for completing the work under this contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and/or to ensure the safety of installation during and after execution.
- Handing over the commissioned system.
- The contractor may be asked to carry out above said work anywhere in the metro network in Mumbai.
- False ceiling & False flooring removal (for installation of cable trays, cable laying etc.) and its reinstallation (once the work is complete) is in the scope of this work.
- Minor Masonry works (As required) and its repair including painting is also covered in this work.
Taking Over of the System:
- DMRC/ MMMOCL shall take over the commissioned system after thorough testing conducted by its technical team in order to ensure that the equipments are fully functional as per the requirement of DMRC.
- The systems do not encounter any shortcomings/loss/failure on account of distance problem or any other communication/network.
- Once the system has been made fully operational, thereafter the contractor shall inform DMRC to conduct joint testing to check its conformity to DMRC’s requirement. If the work done by the contractor has been satisfactory, a joint note shall be prepared and system will be taken over by DMRC/ MMOCL.
- If the system experiences any failure or shortcoming or DMRC/ MMMOCL engineer suggests any additional requirement in order to make the system more effective/aesthetic the contractor shall immediately undertake the same.
- Only after preparing the joint note, the system shall be taken over by DMRC/ MMMOCL.
The tender documents describing the Scope of Work and Terms and Conditions for the Contract are available on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Dynamic Testing of Metro Train on Metro Line 2A & 7:
Meanwhile, the MMRDA has come one more but critical step closer to the dream of starting actual operations on Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to DN Nagar) and Metro Line 7 (Dahisar East to Andheri East).
- From 19.62021, onwards with the availability of the first prototype train set, the dynamic test and trial run on a 20 kilometre stretch between Dhanukarwadi and Aarey on Metro Line 2A and 7 has been started.
- With the integration of traction control and management system (TCMS) the said dynamic trial runs have been initiated.
- Despite covid-19 induced lockdown situation worldwide which has further impacted the shipment of crucial systems and components from Italy, Japan, South Korea and Germany required for the running of prototype train was made available due to constant efforts and follow up made by the team.
- Due to Flight disruption amid Covid-19 restrictions the availability of experts from Demark, France, South Korea, Finland,Spain for signalling and telecom understanding was not possible for nearly one year.
- Therefore, synchronisation of propultion and brake system was done through video conferencing across three different time zones – India, Europe and Japan.
- Now during this Dynamic trial run period, the prototype train set of six cars will run at various speeds.
- Various sub-systems and equipment will be tested under dynamic conditions.
- Performance proving tests besides integration with signalling, platform screen doors, telecom will be tested.
- This trial run will continue for about two months and only after that the first prototype train set manufactured by Bharat Earth Movers Ltd will be offered to RDSO for mandatory performance and safety testing which will take another two months.
- The train will be then sent to the commissioner of railway safety (CRS) for inspection and certification.
- Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Uddhav Thackeray on May 31st 2021 had flagged off the static testing between Dhanukarwadi and Aarey.
- The commercial operations on this stretch in Phase -1 is expected to begin in October 2021 with all passenger facilities such as lifts, escalators, AFC gates among others.
- Before that, as agreed by the BEML a total of 10 train sets (two each month) will be delivered by the end of September 2021.
- While the entire stretch of Metro Line 2A and 7 is expected to be ready for testing and trial run by the end of December 2021.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): BEML