The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd. has invited open e-tenders on Local Competitive Basis (LCB) basis for the scope under Contract MT-08: “Supply of Fastening System for Execution of Ballast less Track in Line 6 Corridor from Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikrholi of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA”.
- Approximate cost of work:INR 29.82 Crore
- Amount of Tender Security: INR 29.82 Lakh
- Completion period of the Work: 12 Months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 6.10.2020
- Tender submission start date: 26.10.2020
- Tender submission end date: 02.11.2020
- Date of opening of Tender online: 03.11.2020
Scope of Tender:
The Purchaser, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, as indicated in the Tender Data Sheet issues these Tendering Documents for the procurement of “Supply of Fastening System for Execution of Ballast less Track in Line 6 Corridor from Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikrholi of Mumbai Metro Rail Project of MMRDA” and Related Services incidental thereto as specified in Section VI, Schedule of requirements. The reference identification number of the Contract is MT-08.
- The elevated corridor under construction consists of the following lines:-
- Line 6: Swami Samarth Nagar – Vikhroli
- Total corridor length of Line 6 section is Approximately 31.20 km.
- The whole Main Line Track for extension of Line 6 Corridor of Mumbai Metro System will be ballastless with Fastening System. The fastening system for Line 6 Corridor of Mumbai Metro Project is proposed to be procured under this contract (MT- 8).
- The fastening system for ballastless track is to be supplied by the tenderer in this contract. The fastening systems for ballastless track shall comply with performance criteria issued by Ministry of Railways vide their letter No.2009/Proj/MAS/9/2 dated 18.02.2015 (Appendix A of TS) and approved by Ministry of Railways.
- The proposed fastening system must have satisfactory performance for minimum 3 years on established Metro Rail System or on Mainline. The tenderer shall submit the technical details and test reports to substantiate the compliance of performance criteria dated 18.02.2015 and submit details of approval of Ministry of Railways along with the compliance of all observations of MOR, if any, while granting such approvals.
Source of Funds:
This is a MMRDA funded work. As per the MOU signed between DMRC and MMRDA, this work is being executed by DMRC on deposit work basis wherein there is provision of Closure of Contracts and Taking Over which is reproduced as below, “Accordingly, Tenderer shall ensure due closure of this Contract for execution of works with DMRC. Tenderer shall ensure that all risks, rewards and claims associated with this contract are settled before closure of this contract. Tenderer to note above while submitting tender with DMRC. However, if this closure is not possible within one year of Revenue Operation Date (ROD) due to arbitration etc, the further management of this contract will be handled by MMRDA.
The Purchaser shall award the Contract to the Tenderer whose offer has been determined to be the lowest evaluated Tender and is substantially responsive to the Tendering Documents, provided further that the Tenderer is determined to be qualified to perform the Contract satisfactorily.
Recently, the NDB Board has approved a loan of USD 241 million for Mumbai Metro Rail II (Line 6) Project.
- The loan will be used by the Government of India for on-lending to the Government of the State of Maharashtra for the purpose of implementing a metro rail Line 6 with length of about 14.47 km in the city of Mumbai.
- The Mumbai Metro Rail II Project aims to improve Mumbai’s transport and traffic conditions through providing a modern metro system, featuring high-capacity, safe, and comfortable mode of transport.
- Line 6 will provide much needed rail-based connectivity between the western and eastern suburbs, and will contribute towards an integrated seamless public transport network in Mumbai.
- The Project will be implemented by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority.
- The NDB is also supporting the implementation of metro lines in Mumbai with length totaling to about 58 km (Line 2 and Line 7) by financing of the Mumbai Metro Rail Project approved by the NDB BoD in November, 2018.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): HMRL