The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has announced that Trial section of Mumbai Metro Line 2A from Dahisar to Kamraj Nagar and upto depot loop line has been energized at 25KV on Tuesday, and trials will start on 31st May from Charkop Depot to Aarey, as OHE of Metro Line-7 has also been successfully energised.
Line 2A trial section from Dahisar to Kamraj Nagar and upto depot loop line has been energized at 25KV today , trials will start on 31st May from charkop depot to aarey as OHE of Line-7 has also been successfully energised. @CMOMaharashtra @mieknathshinde
— Mumbai 2.O (@mumbai_2) May 25, 2021
- Recently, the Chief Electrical Inspector to Govt. (CEIG), Via video call from Delhi, inspected the 25kV Overhead Equipment of Metro Line 2A mainline trial section from Dahisar (E) to Kamraj Nagar along with the 3rd Line and Depot line.
- This is a prerequisite statutory requirement before the OHE is charged on 25kV 50Hz AC Supply.
- Meanwhile, the CEIG has approved OHE charging on the trial stretch.
- Also, Dr. Govind Raj (AMC,2 MMRDA) & Shri. PRK Murthy (Director, Metro PIU) on 24.05.2021 visited the Bandongri Metro Station on Line 7 to inspect the progress & check the preparation of the upcoming Metro Trials.
Dr.Govind Raj (AMC,2 MMRDA) & Shri. PRK Murthy (Director, Metro PIU) visited the Bandongri Metro Station on Line 7 to inspect the progress & check the preparation of the upcoming Metro Trials.@CMOMaharashtra @mieknathshinde @AUThackeray pic.twitter.com/FgZC4saKX1
— MMRDA (@MMRDAOfficial) May 24, 2021
- On 21.05.2021, Catenary Maintenance Vehicle (CMV) activity was conducted between the Kamraj & Dahisar metro stretch of Metro Line 2A.
- The CMV would play an important role during and after the metro trial runs, as it will be used for crucial repairing & maintenance of catenary OHE wire lines on Metro Line 2A & Line 7.
- The MMRDA has given a contract to BEML for 576 cars/coaches worth Rs. 4350 crore.
- Earlier, MMRDA had given a contract to BEML to manufacture 504 cars (84 train sets) costing Rs 3816 crore.
- However, due to the extension of both Metro Line 2A and 7 the requirement of metro rakes increased.
- The first Indigenously-built metro coach to be used for the Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar East to DN Nagar) and Line 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) arrived in Mumbai on 28.01.2021.
- The manufacturing company Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) delivered the first “Made in India” metro rake from its Bengaluru facility.
Image Credit: MMRDA