Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited Request for Proposal (RFP) from eligible bidders through MMRDA e-tendering Portal for Appointment of Consultant for the Procurement of Rolling Stock for Mumbai Monorail Project Including Review of Design and Technical Support during the Lifecycle of Procurement.
- Tender Ref No: MMRDA/Mono-Piu/0002725
- Name of Work: Appointment of Consultant for the Procurement of Rolling Stock for Mumbai Monorail Project Including Review of Design and Technical Support during the Lifecycle of Procurement
- Completion period of the Work: 28 Months
- Sale of tender documents: From 26/02/2021 to 21/03/2022
- Last Date of Submission of Tender online: 21/03/2022
- Date of opening of Tender online: 22/03/2022
|Sr No.||Department Schedule||Supplier Activity||Duration||Start Date and Time||End Date and Time|
|1||Tender Authorization and Publishing||0 Days 19 Hours 10 Minutes||25/02/2022||26/02/2022|
|2||Tender Document Download||23 Days 2 Hours 59 Minutes||26/02/2022||21/03/2022|
|3||Bid Preparation and Submission||23 Days 2 Hours 59 Minutes||26/02/2022||21/03/2022|
|4||Tender Closing||0 Days 1 Hours 59 Minutes||21/03/2022||21/03/2022|
|5||Online Control Transfer of Bid||0 Days 20 Hours 59 Minutes||21/03/2022||22/03/2022|
|6||Opening Envelope A – Tender Fees, EMD||24 Days 2 Hours 59 Minutes||22/03/2022||15/04/2022|
|7||Opening Envelope B – Technical Bid||24 Days 2 Hours 59 Minutes||22/03/2022||15/04/2022|
|8||Opening Envelope C – Financial Bid||24 Days 2 Hours 59 Minutes||22/03/2022||15/04/2022|
About Mono Monorail:
- Bus services operate in crowded and narrow roads with very low average speed thus reducing commuter benefits wherein buses also add to traffic congestion.
- Where the systems like Metro or BRT cannot be implemented, Monorail can be easily implemented and can negotiate sharp turns and climb up and down steep gradients easily.
- The decision to introduce Chembur – Wadala – Sant Gadge Maharaj Chowk – 20 Km long Monorail corridor, as a feeder service to the other Transit System and to cater crowded and narrow congested areas was taken by the Authority in its 119th meeting held on 28th September, 2007.
- MMRDA appointed M/s. RITES as a consultant for preparation of Techno-Economic feasibility report as well as providing assistance in Bid process management.
- The Techno – Economic and Financial Feasibility study for the project was completed by M/s. RITES and a notification dated 4th November, 2008 was published by Government of Maharashtra for implementation of the project under Tramway Act.
- Through global bidding process consortium of L&T and Scomi Engineering, Bhd. were appointed as contractors for implementation.
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of bidder on the e-tendering portal of MMRDA. For further information in this regard bidders are advised to contact MMRDAs e-tendering service desk at the following id: firstname.lastname@example.org. or at Phone No.: 0222406 5166.
Source: MMRDA-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA