Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited (MRVC) has invited e-bids under single packet system for the work of “Design, Supply, Transportation, Erection, Testing & Commissioning for Compact Sub-Station at Ambernath & Badlapur Railway Station with supervision of MSEDCL on Central Railway”.(MUTP-3).
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/W/EL/CR/Mid-Section Trespass/Compact Sub station/2021/1
- Description of work: Design, Supply, Transportation, Erection, Testing & Commissioning forCompact Sub-Station at Ambernath & Badlapur Railway Station with supervision of MSEDCL on C. Rly”.(MUTP-III).
- Approx. Estimated CostExcluding GST: INR 5093816/-
- Bid Security: INR 114000/-
- Period of Completion: 04months
- Document Download Start Date: 19-07-2021
- Document Download End Date: 24-08-2021
- Tender Submission Start Date: 19-07-2021
- Tender Submission End Date: 24-08-2021
- Tender Bid Open Date: 24-08-2021
Bidding Documents and relevant details about this e-bid and for online participation in E-Bid will be available on website www.ireps.gov.in.
About the Project:
- MRVC is implementing the MUTP-III project.
- It comprises two alignments:-
- Panvel–Karjat double line suburban corridor (30 Rkm)
- Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu Road Rail corridor (63 Rkm)
- The project is financed by AIIB.
- As per the requirement of AIIB’s Environmental and Social Policy, MRVC has carried outdue Environment Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment separately for both corridors, followed by extensive public consultations to disseminate the findings of the Impact Assessments.
- In the Panvel-Karjat alignment, 12 consultations were held, including three consultations for women.
- In Virar–Dahanu section, six consultation sessions were held.
- Overall 238 Air conditioned EMU rakes are planned to be procured for providing air conditioned services to the commuters.
- Improvement works at 19 suburban stations are being worked out to provide for additional space and better commuter movement at these stations.
- The city of Mumbai and extended suburbs are going to witness a sea change with the execution and completion of these projects.
- Loan Agreement of USD 500 million has been confirmed with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in Aug 2020 and further loans of USD 500 million from AIIB and USD 500 million from NDB (National Development Bank) are in process.
- Works for MUTP III have started in field and those of MUTP 3A are on the drawing board.
- Land Acquisition is in progress for all the works.
- Drone Survey has also been done for Kalyan-Badlapur & Borivali-Virar Sections and it is planned to use Drone Monitoring inputs regularly in the Project Monitoring system being developed.
- Although working on a suburban system like Mumbai which runs more than 3000 trains daily to transport 80 lakh people with a train at every 3 to 5 min is a big challenge, all these works are targeted to be completed in next 4 to 5 years.
Benefits expected after completion of MUTP III:
- Additional 63.5 Kms of track will be constructed.
- Creation of additional capacities by introducing new Suburban Corridors.
- New Suburban Corridors will lead to development of new CBDs.
- Reduction in fatalities due to Trespassing & falling of passengers from train.
- Seamless travelling for longer distance suburban passengers by extending & creating corridors.
Source: MRVC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway