- First Automatic Block Signaling in Ambari Falakata – New Jalpaiguri – Rangapani section (total 17 KM) was also introduced.
- The Electronic Interlocking System implemented is the biggest in N.F. Railway with first triple logic technology. It is the biggest distributed Electronic Interlocking System in N. F. Railway.
- Triple Monitors were used for a single Visual Display Unit. Maintenance Terminal Console networking was done with Headquarter. 03 no’s Level Crossing gates have been interlocked in Automatic Block Signalling in Ambari Falakata – New Jalpaiguri – Rangapani section.
- Alterations were also done at Ambari Falakataand Rangapani station yard in connection with the Automatic Block Signalling work.
- All Multi Section Digital Axle Counter resetting will be done through the Visual Display Unit. Universal Fail Safe Block Interface with High Availability Single Section Digital Axle Counter was provided at New Jalpaiguri – Siliguri Junction Narrow Gauge section.
- Integrated Power Supply and Earth Leakage Detector were provided for all Electronic Interlocking cabins.
- With the commissioning of Electronic Interlocking System and Visual Display Unit train operations in Ambari Falakata – New Jalpaiguri – Rangapani section will become more convenient. Shunting in station yards can be done with more ease. Train stoppage timings for entering the New Jalpaiguri station are expected to be reduced.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway- Press Release | Images Credit (representational): Northeast Frontier Railway