Share with your network
Electrification of sections between Siliguri Junction – New Mal Junction; Siliguri Junction – Aluabari Road Junction via Bagdogra and Haibargaon – Mairabari completed successfully.
- Indian Railway is progressing at full throttle towards becoming largest Green Railways in the world. In its mission to minimise dependence on fossil fuels 85% RKM of electrification works have been completed.
- In an endeavour for complete electrification, inspection of Railway Electrification works followed by speed trial at full sectional speed (100 Kmph) in Siliguri Jn – New Mal Jn (48 RKM/61 TKM) Single line section of Alipurduar Division and in Siliguri Jn – Aluabari Road Jn via Bagdogra (74.17 RKM/88.32 TKM) Single line section of Katihar Division under Northeast Frontier Railway has been completed successfully on 29th & 30th January, 2023 respectively.
- Also on 31st January, 2023 inspection of Railway Electrification works in Haibargaon – Mairabari (43.80 RKM/44.92 TKM) section of Lumding Division completed successfully. After commissioning, electric locomotive trains will now be able to operate directly from Guwahati to Haibargaon – Mairabari section and to Silghat town, which will increase the average speed. Trains from Silghat to various destinations like Kolkata, Chennai etc can be operated without changing the engine.
- The section between Siliguri Jn – New Mal Jn has five stations and the section between Siliguri Jn – Aluabari Road Jn via Bagdogra has ten stations. Many long distance trains pass through these sections.
- After completion of electrification works trains will pass through these sections at full pace without losing their punctuality. More and more passenger & freight carrying trains will be able to operate from the north-eastern region.
- Work on electrification projects on N.F. Railway is in full swing. Electrification will significantly improve the mobility of trains on NFR and strengthen the Rail network in north-eastern states.
- In addition to the reduction in pollution, the efficiency of the Railway will improve due to the shift from fossil fuel to electricity. This would facilitate seamless traffic and also save time of the trains moving to and from north-eastern states.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: CORE
Be the first to comment