In continuation to the endeavour to provide more facilities to the passengers, a Foot Over Bridge & an Executive lounge was inaugurated at Siliguri Junction Railway Station.
- Shri Raju Bista, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) and Shri Sankar Ghosh, Hon’ble MLA of Siliguri inaugurated the passenger amenities in presence of Shri Anshul Gupta, General Manager, N.F. Railway and other senior officials of Headquarter and Division.
- In addition to that, a waiting room was also inaugurated at Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR) platform in New Jalpaiguri station under Katihar division of N.F. Railway.
- The Foot Over Bridge is 6 metre width which was constructed at a cost of Rs. 3.8 crore. The new Executive lounge at Siliguri Jn. with seating capacity of 36 persons will provide superior facilities for the passengers waiting for trains.
- The newly constructed waiting room at DHR platform at New Jalpaiguri station will provide shelter before boarding the Toy Train for local as well as international passengers who come here for visiting the UNESCO World Heritage DHR. Any passenger holding a valid train ticket can make use of this facility.
- While inaugurating the passenger amenities at Siliguri Jn. station, both the Hon’ble dignitaries admired the works of railway authorities for initiating various measures to make more conveniences for the travelling passengers especially during rush hours.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Anshul Gupta, General Manager, N.F. Railway informed that lots of infrastructure developmental works have been completed and in future lots of works will be undertaken to provide more facilities for the travelling passengers of Siliguri, New Jalpaiguri and all the major stations under N F Railway. Siliguri Jn. is an old and important railway station over N.F. Railway. Railway authority plans to further augment infrastructure and facilities available at the stations in future.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: MoR
Be the first to comment