Dr Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director, MahaMetro on Thursday inspected Gaddigodam Metro Station, four level traffic structure (Kamptee Road Gurudwara) and balanced cantilever work near Anand Talkies (Sitabuldi). He asked Metro officers to complete the balance work of Reach-2 (Sitabuldi to Automotive Square) and Reach-4 (Sitabuldi to Prajapati Nagar) fast and complete it on schedule.
Despite adverse conditions prevailing due to Covid-19 pandemic, Maha Metro recently successfully held a trial run of a Metro train on Reach-2 between Zero Mile and Kasturchand Park stations.
- This is the first step towards making Reach-2 (Sitabuldi to Automotive Square) operational in December 2021.
- Reach-4 (Sitabuldi to Prajapati Nagar) will also be made operational by the end of this year.
- A distance of 1 km was covered at a speed of 20 km per hour.
- The work of signaling, overhead equipment (OHE) and track had been completed in this portion and proved to be perfect during the trial run.
- Work on the remaining portion of Reach-2 is going on at full swing under leadership of Maha Metro Managing Director Dr Brijesh Dixit.
- This portion of Reach-2 is very important as the track passes near Vidhan Bhavan, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Kasturchand Park.
Meanwhile, Maha Metro has achieved its best ever performance for the Pune Metro and Nagpur Metro project during this worst times.
“Best ever performance when conditions are the toughest and most challenging, is the hardest thing to achieve. But that is what has been precisely achieved by Maha Metro in Nagpur & Pune Metro projects in the March 2021 and the year 2020-21 in terms of our physical and financial progress, despite the gravest challenges posed by Covid-19 pandemic through the year. This has been made possible by the use of Five Dimensional Building Information Modelling (5DBIM) system. We have achieved best everperformance during worst times,” said Dr Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director of Maha Metro.
- The expenditure in March 2021 was Rs 685 crore and in 2020-21 was Rs 3,303 crore.
- The previous best was in March 2019 –Rs 669 crore and 2018-19 –Rs 2,894 crore.
- MahaMetro has thus surpassed its own previous records and proved that even the pandemic could not deter it from overcoming its set targets.
- The percentage rise in March 2021 expenditure as compared to March 2019 was 2.39% while the rise for 2020-21 as compared to 2018-19 was 14.13%.
- Despite extremely adverse conditions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Maha Metro achieved its best performance in 2020-21.
- It continues to do excellent work on Nagpur and Pune Metro projects in 2021-22.
About 5D BIM:
- 5D BIM is a BIM based approach in which individual 3D BIM components (with complete information) are linked with time information in schedule and equivalent cost information.
- By integrating three dimensional (3D) model with time and cost information one can view virtual construction of 3D model.
- Maha Metro has taken a pioneering step to integrate 5D BIM with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application to create ‘One Project One Platform’ thereby automating its project management process.
Source: Nagpur Metro-Update