The Kasturchand Park (KP) metro station of Phase-I of Nagpur Metro will open for the public in mid-August. The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) is expected to inspect it in the coming days. The station is almost ready.
- Once the station is ready, the trains from Khapri will travel up to KP station instead of Sitabuldi Interchange, via Zero Mile Freedom Park station.
- Similarly, trains for Khapri will depart from KP.
- Maha Metro has designed the station keeping in mind the heritage structures of KP.
- The lattices on the upper story of the KP pavilion have been replicated on a larger scale on the station’s façade.
- The façade work has been guided by the Nagpur Heritage Committee.
- The colour of the station lattice is the same as that of the pavilion to maintain consonance.
About Kasturchand Park (KP) Metro Station:
- The total area of the latticework on the station façade is about 4,000 square meter.
- While promoting the heritage of Nagpur, Maha Metro has given due consideration to the modern age.
- Kasturchand Park station is a perfect example of a blend of modern and historical as the station has the latest modern amenities for passengers.
- Four lifts, each having a carrying capacity of 13 passengers, have been installed.
- There are four escalators in the station.
- The total built up area of KP station is about 5,500 sq m.
- The station is very environment friendly.
- A bio-digester having a capacity of 5 kiloliters has been installed with the reed bed on the street median for drainage.
- Later, solar photovoltaic panels will be installed on the station roof.
About the project:
- The Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Maha-Metro”), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the Maharashtra, for implementing the Nagpur Metro Rail Project in Nagpur City.
- Maha-Metrowas incorporated on 18th February, 2015 with a vision to create a safe, reliable, efficient, affordable, commuter friendly and environmentally sustainable rapid public transport system for the Nagpur City and Nagpur Metro Region.
- Additionally, Maha-Metroshall also undertakes certain property development across the metro rail alignment so that the overall city infrastructure can be uplifted and promoted.
- Nagpur Metro Rail Project will consist of 38.215 Km metro corridor, 38 stations and 2 Depots.
- The entire stretch will be divided into 2 alignments or corridors as follows:
|Alignment||Corridor||Rail Length||No of Stations|
|1||North –South Corridor||19.658 Km||18|
|2||East –West Corridor||18.557 Km||20|
Source: Maha Metro-Update