Share with your network
Maha Metro Nagpur, is operating passenger services on a 26.5 km route from Kasturchand Park to Khapri Metro Station & Sitabuldi Interchange to Lokmanya Nagar Metro Station.
- Soon metro trains will be operating on a 13.5 km route. It includes an 8.5 km stretch between Sitabuldi Interchange and Prajapati Nagar Metro Station and a 5 km stretch between Kasturchand Park Metro Station and Automotive Chowk Metro Station.
- With metro services on Central Avenue and Kamptee Road getting operational, residents of both these routes will be greatly benefited as they will be connected to Wardha and Hingna Marg respectively.
Automotive Square Metro Station:
- The last metro station on the North South route or the Orange Line of Maha Metro, the station is located on the Kamptee Road and is one of the busiest routes of the city. With commercial operations starting on Automotive Square Metro Station, the citizens living in the nearby areas will benefit greatly.
- There are a large number of colleges, commercial complexes, banks, government offices on both sides of the said road. Also this road is a major road connecting North and South Nagpur. Also major and historical monuments and institutions like Reserve Bank of India, Kasturchand Park, Sitabuldi Fort lineup this route.
- The president of Shitla Mata Mandir Krida Mandal Shri Sunil Chaube said that the starting of commercial services on this stretch would be of huge help to the people living in this area. He has appealed to people to avail of this facility and avoid using personal vehicles to commute in the city.
Prajapati Nagar Metro Station:
- Prajapati Nagar Metro Station is the last metro station on the East-West route or the Aqua Line and has the highest traffic volume. A large number of people from this area travel to MIDC Hingana daily for jobs. Gandhibag, Itwari, Maskasath etc. are major commercial areas adjacent to this metro line.
- This Metro Station will cater to people living in and around areas like Mahalgaon, Kapshi, Bhandewadi, and Swami Narayan Mandir. The founder of Jagat Public School Shri Sharad Gandhi hoped that students would be benefited immensely with the starting of metro services.
- The school management would encourage students to commute by metro. Transport facility is a major issue for this area and will be taken care of once commercial services start in this area.
- The nature of the entire stretch of Central Avenue being commercial, a large volume of vehicular traffic plies here. With the expansion of the city, the traffic on this road has also increased steadily over the years and Metro service is the only option to meet this demand.
Source: Nagpur Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Nagpur Metro
Be the first to comment