In continuation to the tender for construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct and 5 Metro stations in Reach-1A of Phase-2, the Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha-metro) has now invited tender for Design and Construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct of length 4.856 km between Ch. (-) 580 m to Ch. (-) 5436.085 m in reach 4A, and Construction of Three Elevated Metro Stations in Reach-4A of Nagpur Metro Rail Project Phase-2.
- Tender Ref No.: N2 C-02/2021
- Approximate Cost: INR 246.17 Crores
- Completion Period: 30 Months
- Bid Security: INR 1.23Crores
- Document on Sale: From 30/07/2021 to 31/08/2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 11.08.2021
- Date of Opening of Tender: 31.08.2021
- The objective of the contract is the design, construction, completion, testing and commissioning of the Permanent Works by the contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works
General details of work:
- The design and performance of the Permanent Works shall comply with the specific core requirements contained in these Employer’s Requirements-Functional.
- The design of the Permanent Works shall be developed in accordance with these Employer’s Requirements-Functional, the Contractor’s Technical Proposals and the other requirements of the Contract.
- The Permanent Works shall be designed and constructed to the highest standards available, using proven up-to-date good Engineering practices. The Specifications shall in any case not specify standards which, in the Engineer’s opinion, are less than or inferior to those described in the Design Basis Report (Design Criteria) and Technical/Construction Specifications contained in the Tender Documents. Construction shall be carried out employing the procedures established by the Contractor in his Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental management plans.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals from the relevant Public/Government/Local/Statutory or any agencies in the design and construction of the works.
Scope of work:
- Design and Construction of Viaduct between HB Town circle to Transport Nagar station including viaduct in station portion. The start and end chainages of the alignment are (-)580 m and (-) 5436.085m respectively. The total length of the viaduct is 4856.085 metres. GAD enclosed with the bid/tender documents may be referred. Salient details of GAD are given below:
- The elevated Section of (Reach-4A) starts from Chainage (-) 580 m and ends at (-) 5436.085m. However, Piers at the beginning and end of the above mentioned section will be a part of scope of work defined in this contract. These piers shall support the viaduct coming from other sides also.
- The Design and Build Contractor has to design the Viaduct ensuring a minimum statutory vertical clearance of 5.5 metres to the Metro structure above the existing road level. Sectional elevation of the typical elevated viaduct drawing enclosed with the tender/bid documents shall be referred for the same.
- Whole length of the viaduct has to be designed for double line standard gauge track as shown in the GAD. System is planned with end evacuation and 25 KV AC OHE traction. The tenderer/bidder will have to use Segmental Box girder integrated with the parapet (Segmental Box Girder is Maha Metro’s preferred choice.
- However, contractors can propose alternate sections keeping overall dimensions of the superstructure as indicated intender drawings.) in superstructure and propose spans within the limitations laid by this document elsewhere and also according to site conditions etc.
- Any new design or span arrangement being proposed by the tenderer/bidder shall be in conformity with the contemporary best practices. Some spans will have to be designed to accommodate the emergency track crossover, special track layouts (e.g. pocket track) (Approximate locations if any are shown in the GAD for reference).
- Construction of three (3) nos ofElevated Metro Stations namely Pardi station, Kapsi khurd and Transport Nagar station along the alignment of Viaduct is a part of scope of work in this contract. Tentative location of the Stations is being provided in the GAD.
Sale of document, e-Payment procedure, submission and other details are available on Maha-Metro tender portal under section in e-tender portal.https://mahametrorail.etenders.in.
Source: Maha Metro-Tender | Image Credit (representational): Nagpur Metro