In continuation to the tender for Consultancy work for Social Impact Assessment (SIA) study for Phase-2, the Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha-metro) has now invited tender for Design and Construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct of length 9.550 km between Ch. 19970 m to Ch. 20700 m & Ch. 21296.917 m to Ch. 30117.298 m in Reach 1A, and Construction of Embankment for at-Grade section of length 1.017 km (Ch.19550 m to Ch.19970 m & Ch. 20700 m to Ch. 21296.917 m), Fabrication and Launching of superstructure of Railway span of length 70 m and Construction of Five metro stations (Four elevated and One at-grade) in Reach-1A of Nagpur Metro Rail Project Phase-2.
- Tender Ref No.: N2 C-01/2021
- Approximate Cost: INR 470.30 Crores
- Bid Security: INR 2.35 Crores
- Completion Period: 30 Months
- Tender Document Download Start Date: 02-08-2021
- Tender Document Download and Bid Submission Last Date: 31-08-2021
- Tender Opening Start Date: 31-08-2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting Start Date: 10-08-2021
- The objective of the contract is the design, construction, completion, testing and commissioning of the Permanent Works by the contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
General work details:
- The design and performance of the Permanent Works shall comply with the specific core requirements contained in these Employer’s Requirements-Functional.
- The design of the Permanent Works shall be developed in accordance with these Employer’s Requirements-Functional, the Contractor’s Technical Proposals and the other requirements of the Contract.
- The Permanent Works shall be designed and constructed to the highest standards available, using proven up-to-date good Engineering practices. The Specifications shall in any case not specify standards which, in the Engineer’s opinion, are less than or inferior to those described in the Design Basis Report (Design Criteria) and Technical/Construction Specifications contained in the Tender Documents. Construction shall be carried out employing the procedures established by the Contractor in his Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental management plans.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals from the relevant Public/Government/Local/Statutory or any agencies in the design and construction of the works.
Scope of work:
- Design and Construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct of length 9.550km between Ch.19970 to Ch.20700 & Ch.21296.917 to Ch.30117.298 in Reach-1A, and Construction of Embankment for At-Grade section of length 1.017km (Ch.19550 to Ch.19970 & Ch.20700 to Ch.21296.917), Fabrication and Launching of superstructure of Railway span of length 70m and Construction of five metro stations (Four elevated and One at-grade) in Reach-1A of NMRP Phase-2. GAD enclosed with the bid/tender documents may be referred.
- The elevated Section of (Reach-1A) starts from Ch.19970m to Ch.20700m & Ch.21296.917m to Ch.30117.298m.
- However, Piers/abutments at the beginning and end of the above-mentioned sections will be a part of scope of work defined in this contract. These piers shall support the viaduct coming from other sides also.
- Design and BuildContractor has to design the Viaduct ensuring a minimum statutory vertical clearance of 5.5 metres to the Metro structure above the existing road level. Sectional elevation of the typical elevated viaduct drawing enclosed with the tender/bid documents shall be referred for the same.
- Whole length of the viaduct has to be designed for double line standard gauge track as shown in the GAD.
- System is planned with end evacuation and 25 KV AC OHE traction. The tenderer/bidder will have to use Segmental Box girder integrated with the parapet (Segmental Box Girder is Maha Metro’s preferred choice.
- However, contractors can propose alternate sections keeping overall dimensions of the superstructure as indicated in tender drawings.) in superstructure and propose spans within the limitations laid by this document elsewhere and also according to site conditions etc.
- Any new design or span arrangement being proposed by the tenderer/bidder shall be in conformity with the contemporary best practices.
- Some spans will have to be designed to accommodate the emergency track crossover, special track layouts (e.g. pocket track) (Approximate locations if any are shown in the GAD for reference).
- Construction of five(5) nos. of Metro Stations namely Eco-park, Metro-City, Ashokvan, Dongergaon and Mohgaon station along the alignment of Viaduct in elevated station portion is in part of scope of work in this contract. Tentative location of the Stations is being provided in the GAD.
Sale of document, e-Payment procedure, submission and other details are available on Maha-Metro tender portal under section in e-tender portal.https://mahametrorail.etenders.in.
Source: Maha Metro-Tender | Image Credit: Nagpur Metro