Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has invited Open e-Tenders for the work Engagement of Detail Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Architectural and Building Services including E&M Works for MIDC Taloja to Khandeshwar (Line 2, 7.12 km ) and Pendhar to MIDC Taloja (Line 3, 3.87 km ) corridor including Civil & E&M works of Khandeshwar Depot of Navi Mumbai Metro Projects.
- Tender Reference Number: NMDD-01
- Tender Security: INR 12.57 lakh
- Approximate cost of work: INR 12.57 Crore
- Period Of Work: 1440 days
- Bid Submission End Date: 25-Aug-2020
- Pre-bid Meeting: 05-Aug-2020
- Pre Bid Meeting Address: Online
Scope of Work:
CIDCO has entrusted DMRC Ltd. to execute Line-2 (7.12Km) and Line-3 (3.87Km) of Navi Mumbai Metro Rail Project. This phase has to be realized within the next 4 years. It is proposed to engage a Detail Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Architectural and Building Services Works for the Navi Mumbai Metro Project.
These Services generally include, but are not limited to:
- Producing concept planning and design alternatives of elevated and interchange stations for DMRC’s review/CIDCO review.
- Preparation of alignment for viaduct and stations for tendering and design of alignment during execution in coordination with DMRC and Civil agencies and station locations in particular with a view of optimization of neighbourhood connectivity and MMI integration.
- Perform cost effective detailed designs of Architectural, Structure (including track supporting structure), Building Electrical and Mechanical services and Building Management System (BMS) based on approved designs and design criteria for elevated stations.
- Manage the design task for cost, schedule and performance compliance.
- Preliminary design of various structural components of elevated stations like foundations, superstructure, entries, exits, PEB roofs, FOB Connections to stations and pump rooms etc. and viaduct superstructure.
- Proof checking of structural design and scheme of construction suggested by the Contractor for elevated stations substructure and superstructure, re-design of foundation due to utilities, PEB station roof, FOB connections to stations, sub-structure of viaduct including special spans, crossover spans etc.
- Perform detailed designs for building works, the fitting out of stations with architecture finishes, site development works, interchange of stations and E&M services including illuminations, lifts, escalators, water supply, drainage, power supply and other passenger amenities; Agency shall submit various architectural scheme up to satisfaction of client for architectural works without any financial cost.
- Perform detailed designs for multi-modal transfer facilities for road and pedestrian traffic, landscaping, traffic management and road and station interfaces for the surrounding roads and neighbourhood.
- Review and suggest change as necessary in the detailed designs done by Design Build Contracts for viaduct works to the plan made by contractor for temporary and permanent diversion works for all utilities affected by the station works / viaducts. Take into account utilities identified by contractors during execution and design structures accordingly without any financial implication. No extra payment will be done for the proof checking of foundation redesign due to utilities. Provide items in the Construct Contract BOQ for diversion of these utilities. Review of alignment plan duly marked with, utilities identified by concerned agencies which will be given to DDC in hard/ soft copies by DMRC.
- Co-ordinate and integrate designs and details with contractors and consultants employed by DMRC working on contracts pertaining/relevant to the site of works for this contract regarding DDC’s drawings.
- Integration of Building Services with the existing M&E systems at interchange stations including fire compartmentation.
- Prepare and update during construction Combined Services Drawings (CSD), Structural-Electrical-Mechanical Opening Drawings (SEM) and identify embedded items/openings indicating system wide information for the purpose of E & M co-ordination and civil construction interfaces. DDC shall finalize hanging arrangements of electrical services in co-ordination with Civil Department considering structural feasibility.
- Prepare BOQs, tender drawings, special specifications, construction cost estimates for the associated construction contract for tendering by DMRC and modify the cost estimate as necessary before the contract is awarded. The BOQs, Tender drawings, special specifications, construction cost estimate is to be prepared separately for stations including PEB works, FOB along with preliminary tender drawing required for Civil works of stations and BOQ for the design built viaduct along with required structural tender drawing for viaduct and for BOQ of chartered utilities in a number of packages as decided by DMRC so as to facilitate DMRC to call construct only tenders in different contract packages.
- Incorporate and co-ordinate changes in design due to system wide interfacing with other DDCs/ Contractors/ DMRC.
- Incorporate changes in design resulting from DMRC’s/CIDCO design reviews.
- Consult and co-ordinate with various City and Government authorities that interface with the DMRC project. DMRC will assist with the co-ordination.
- Prepare necessary documentation and obtain necessary planning and other required approvals for the integrated complex consisting of Station designs, Station layouts, track supporting structures including E&M facilities and fire detection/ suppression system, conceptual layouts and drawings for property development, if any, from the relevant approving authority.
- Plan, design, detail, control, co-ordinate, and execute the design phase of the Works for production of drawings, documents and reports to meet the key schedule dates included in the Agreement and as directed by DMRC; All design note, Cad files, GFC,As built drawings etc should be submitted in hard drive in three sets for this work.
- Maintain a Quality Control activity and an effective internal procedure for checking the accuracy of Work and assuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Attend meetings connected with the Work whenever required.
- Make available their services as and when required during the construction contract: to modify existing designs or drawings as necessary to incorporate site conditions and unforeseen conditions; to assist DMRC’s site supervision staff in clarification of queries resulting from the design; to review and confirm Contractor prepared “As-Built” drawings.
Implementation of BIM System for DDC Services:
- DDC shall implement BIM system for executing and delivering the services set out in this Agreement. BIM model shall be developed in LOD 400.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) uses computing power and systems to create 3D models of all kind of buildings and infrastructure, with information about its design, operation and current condition. At the planning and design stage it enables designers, owners and users to work together to produce the best possible designs and to test them virtually before they are constructed. During construction, it enables DMRCs, contractors and suppliers to integrate all components cutting out waste and reducing the risk of errors. In operation it provides users with real-time information about available services and facility managers with accurate assessments of the condition of assets.
- All station designs (including architectural design, structure design, E&M services design, interior fit outs, plumbing design etc.) as well as viaduct designs/proof checking shall be done using BIM modelling. DDC shall implement the necessary hardware, software and human resources towards this end. 3D Coordination between all disciplines shall be achieved by incorporating them in a single model.
- DDC shall be required to produce, update and present to DMRC on a fortnightly basis an integrated 3D BIM model incorporating rail track, topography, architecture, structure, plumbing and all other building services and system wide requirements in design review meetings. These models shall be 3D rendered and shall help in design visualization and clash detection of elements as well as finalization of design. The DDC shall deploy one BIM expert in addition to the team specified in organization structure and who shall be housed in either DMRC office at Delhi or at Navi Mumbai. Decision of DMRC in this regard shall be final & binding.
In addition, DDC shall also provide following individual models: –
- Station Architecture Modelling
- Station Mechanical Modelling
- Station Electrical Modelling
- Station Plumbing Modelling
- Rail Track Modelling
- Terrain modelling
- Clash Detection
- Quantity takeoff from BIM model
- Visualization and Animated Walkthroughs
Final coordinated GFC drawings of all disciplines shall only be generated from the BIM model. Detailed cost estimates shall also be prepared only on the basis of approved 3D BIM model.
Authority for seeking clarifications and submission of completed tender documents
Sr. General Manager /Contract, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, 5th floor, A-Wing, Metro Bhawan, Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi –110 00.
Email id: – email@example.com
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): CIDCO