NCRTC conducted a workshop on ‘Efficient Project Management’ for all Chief Administrative Officers (Construction) of Indian Railways in presence of Shri Anil Kumar Lahoti, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board, and Shri Roop Narayan Sunkar, Member Infrastructure, Railway Board.
- The workshop included several engaging knowledge sharing sessions addressed by Managing Director Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, Directors, and other senior officers of NCRTC.
- Addressing the gathering, Shri Lahoti appreciated the efforts of team NCRTC to execute such a complex large-scale infrastructure project within a short span of 4 years, implementing all the sub-systems and being ready to commission the Priority Section, adopting several latest technologies.
- He mentioned that it is commendable that the 82-km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor is being implemented at such a pace despite the challenges of being in a dense urban setup. Further, he mentioned that it is indeed intriguing how an efficient project implementation organisation like NCRTC has been built from scratch in a very short span of time.
- Member Infrastructure Shri Sunkar appreciated the working style of team NCRTC, under the leadership of Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, taking every challenge at the site head on and coming up with innovative solutions.
- He praised how team NCRTC is carrying out such heavy construction activities overcoming numerous technical challenges, not only managing a large number of stakeholders but making them understand the complexities of the project and taking them along.
- Shri Vinay Kumar Singh took a session to explain the overall implementation strategy with a focus on pre-emptive risk identification and mitigation. He emphasized on the importance of involvement of high-level officers from the project planning stage itself.
- Team NCRTC covered several other aspects of learnings in timely implementation of the country’s first Regional Rail Project (Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut) as well, including project management & monitoring tools (SPEED), new-age track system, which have set new benchmarks for #infrastructure and transport projects across the country.
- The conference was followed by a field visit to some of the key sites of the RRTS project in Delhi and witnessing the on-going service trials of the RAPIDX services. During the visit, Team NCRTC, gave the esteemed participants an overview of the installation of various sub-systems, and the latest technologies being adopted for transformative mobility solutions.
- The participants were all praised for the smooth ride experience on the new-age RAPIDX trainsets. They also appreciated the station design and the precast track system adopted by NCRTC.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC