National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. (NCRTC), a joint venture Company of Government of India and participating States, has invited open e-bids on Open Competitive Bidding (OCB) under Single Stage Two Packet System for the following works: Package-26A Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning and Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contractof EMV based Open Loop Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System for Delhi–Ghaziabad–Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC.
- Bid No.: DM/ST/COR-OF/142
- Completion period of work: 1240 days to achieve COD and 10 years Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract (CAMC) period including DLP period. CAMC period shall start from the date of COD of Last section/stage-4 (whichever is later).
- Pre-bid Meeting: 11.06.2021at15:00 Hrs.
- Bid submission start date: 20.07.2021 from 15:00 Hrs.
- Bid submission end date: 27.07.2021 upto 15:00 Hrs.
About Automatic Fare Collection System:
- An Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System is a method of providing automated revenue management.
- An AFC system facilitates the purchase of pre-paid tickets that can be used to permit access to/from various transport modes through the use of electronic systems and thus eliminating all human error and confrontation.
- An AFC system also provides valuable information for the management of the transport system and helps to enforce the safety and security policy of the transport system.
- For the RRTS, the proposed ticketing system shall be Automatic Fare Collection with Contactless Smart Token/Cards.
- Equipments for the system shall be provided at each station and will be connected to a local area network with a computer in the station Master’s room.
About Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor:
- NCRTC has geared up construction activities on India’s first Regional Rail between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.
- Superstructures are now visible on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Also, work for the RRTS viaduct near Dharamshila Marg, New Ashok Nagar in Delhi has already been started.
- In this 4.3 km elevated section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, there will be the construction of a viaduct from Sarai Kale Khan RRTS Station to New Ashok Nagar Down ramp, including Jangpura entry ramp to the stabling yard, Jangpura.
- Two elevated RRTS stations, namely Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar, will also be constructed, including a bridge over the Yamuna River.
- The RRTS will have a total length of 82.15 km (68.03 km elevated and 14.12 km underground) with 25 stations.
- It will have a design speed of 180 km per hour, maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour and high-frequency operations, which will reduce the journey time from Delhi to Meerut to 60 minutes.
Meanwhile, NCRTC has recently invited open e-bids under the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) in Single stage two packet system with Quality and Cost based System (QCBS) of Bid Evaluation for the following works:
- Tender Reference Number: DM/IT/COR-OF/140
- Name of Work: Integrated Design, Supply, Installation, Testing, Integration, Commissioning and Support of Integrated and Realtime Enterprise Asset Management System (iDREAMS) for RRTS.
- Bid Submission Start Date: 07-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 14-Jun-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 21-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 15-Jun-2021
Source: NCRTC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC