NCRTC Managing Director Shri Vinay Kumar Singh inspected the progress of construction works in the Priority Section of RRTS Corridor today. The inspection was focused on the construction work of all the 5 stations, viaducts which are almost complete, and installation of various systems for the 17-km long Priority Section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor.
- He started the inspection from Sahibabad RRTS station where the Priority Section begins. This station is taking shape at a pace, the civil construction is almost complete, and the station roof & other finishing works are being completed. He along with other NCRTC officers walked over the constructed RRTS viaduct and reached Ghaziabad RRTS station. He also inspected the Ghaziabad Receiving Sub Station (RSS), the construction of which is now complete and will provide power supply to this section.
- The viaduct of the entire Priority Section is almost complete, and all 5 stations are also being constructed expeditiously. At present, the work of track laying and installation of OHE & signalling equipment is being carried out.
- Shri Singh also inspected the construction of Ghaziabad RRTS station where NCRTC had recently installed the longest steel span of the corridor to cross the metro line and road bridge near Ghaziabad station.
- From here, he again took off on foot over the viaduct built towards Guldhar taking stock of the entire construction work. He also inspected the construction of the Guldhar RRTS station. The construction work of the Concourse Level and Platform Level of this station has been completed and construction of its roof as well as floor etc. is progressing.
- Shri Singh then took off on foot over the viaduct towards Duhai Station and inspected the ongoing construction works on it. He interacted with the engineers, inquiring about the complexities and challenges of construction works and provided his valuable guidance in this regard. He also emphasized that our designs and facilities should be commuter centric at all points. He also took stock of the construction of Duhai RRTS station where at present track laying along with the construction of the platform level is in progress and is likely to be completed soon.
- The NCRTC team then reached Duhai Depot taking stock of the viaduct construction works. The first RRTS trainset has recently arrived at the Depot. Various types of testing will be conducted on trains at the Depot before the trial run commences.
- The Managing Director also inspected the construction work of the Depot and in the administrative building where various types of labs and simulator rooms are under construction. He also inquired about the preparations being made for the testing of the train from the engineers working at the Depot.
- Shri Singh also took stock of the construction works and reviewed the measures being taken by NCRTC for ensuring safe passage for the Kanwar Yatra. This includes number of traffic marshals, traffic diversion scheme, use of impact protection vehicles, availability of rope lighting etc.
- He encouraged the workers and engineers working in such difficult conditions and praised them for their tireless hard work and sincere efforts. Along with this, he also instructed the officers to provide a safe and healthy working environment and maximum facilities to the workers.
Source: NCRTC – Press Release