Share with your network
National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. (NCRTC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s K.S.M. Bashir Mohammad & Sons (JV) for Construction of Depot cum Workshop buildings for Modipuram Depot [including Architectural Finishing, PEB, E&M and Road works] of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Tender Reference Number: DM/DC/COR-OF/132
- Name of Work: Construction of Depot cum Workshop buildings for Modipuram Depot [including Architectural Finishing, PEB, E&M and Road works] of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Accepted Contract Amount: Approx. INR 265,71,50,149.51 Crore
- Work Completion Period: 700 Days
In October-2021, the NCRTC invited a tender for Tender Number: DM/DC/COR-OF/132
- The Project was sanctioned by the Government of India in March 2019. On 8th March 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India laid the Foundation Stone of India’s first regional rail.
The details of current status of this corridor is provided below:-
- The construction of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor is progressing on schedule.
- Contracts for all the major packages have been awarded and the prototype RRTS trainset is expected to be delivered by Dec’2021.
- Project work for priority section of Duhai to Sahibabad of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is progressing on schedule with following developments:
- Construction of civil infrastructure including piles, pile caps, piers, viaduct and station work is on full swing.
- Construction of RSS at Muradnagar has started for feeding the priority section including Duhai Depotc.
- Land for Duhai Depot has already been acquired and depot infrastructure construction has started.
- Contract has been awarded for most of the system packages like Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, Track, Traction and OHE etc.
- Possession of Land allotted by Government of India for stabling yard in Delhi.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC
Be the first to comment