Share with your network
NCRTC MD leads a series of inspections in the Priority Section Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, Managing Director, NCRTC, along with other senior officials inspecting the implementation progress in the Priority Section.
- Team is gearing up for trial runs of the country’s first RRTS train. Two days back, they witnessed the crucial track laying activities near Guldhar and Duhai Depot stations. During the visit, conducted at night, Shri Singh took stock of the ongoing works and had detailed discussions with the field engineers & contractors about efficient deliveries.
- Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, along with other senior members of Team NCRTC, inspected the activities being carried out for installation of systems and sub-systems including OHE, Signaling, Track laying, Escalators & Lifts etc. at several sites in the Priority Section.
- The team inspected the works being carried out at Guldhar Station, to Duhai Station, then the viaduct from Duhai Station to Duhai Depot Station on foot, and finally Duhai Depot.
- The inspection at Duhai Depot, which is key for the operations in the Priority Section, covered Admin Building, Centre of Innovation ‘’Aparimit’’, preparations for train trial runs etc.
- NCRTC is all set to start operations on the Priority Section, Sahibabad to Duhai, of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor, early next year.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore. RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC -Press Release
Be the first to comment