Date of Post : 25 Feb 2019
The train was flagged off by Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain from Nagaon railway station to Tambaram in Tamil Nadu . Located in southern part of Chennai, it will run weekly between Silghat Town in Assam’s Nagaon district and Tambaram.
- The railways extended the route for Guwahati-Tambaram Express to run from Silghat Town in order to provide a direct link from Silghat to Tambaram.
- The train will run weekly between Silghat Town in Assam’s Nagaon district and Tambaram,located in southern part of Chennai
- The move was fulfilled along-standing demand of the people residing in Central Assam.
- The train will leave from Silghat Town at 8:30 AM every Friday to reach Tambaram on Sundays at 8:50 PM,as per the schedule fixed by Indian Railways.
- It will leave from Tambaram on Mondays at 9:45 PM to reach Silghat Town on Thursdays at 9:45 AM, on its return journey.
- Hence , Now the people of Golaghat, Nagaon, Karbi Anglong and Sonitpur would not need to go to Guwahati ( the capital city of Assam ) for availing a train to visit Chennai , Tamil Nadu.
- The train service will also help tourists to visit the iconic Kaziranga National Park, which is famous for its one-horned rhinos, as passengers will be able to get down at Jakhalabandha which is at a short distance from Kaziranga.
- To improve punctuality as well as to increase the safety aspect, four manned level crossing gates present in Hojai-Habaipur section will be replaced soon with road over bridges or with limited height subways, Gohain also said.
- He also informed that on Bongaigaon-Lumding section, the double line has been sanctioned and also similar work for Lumding-Hojai section is almost complete.
- He also added, more train services will be introduced from Nagaon to major cities like Delhi and Mumbai, and once the development work of Silghat Town is over, more long distance trains will be launched from there.
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )