To enhance the rail connectivity for the people of North Bengal, train services between Nabadwip Dham – Malda Town (train No. 13421/13422) has been extended to run up to Balurghat. The train will run five days a week with new number 13431/13432 Nabadwip Dham – Balurghat- Nabadwip Dham express during its scheduled journey on 31st May, 2022.
- Inaugural run of this train (No. 03422 Balurghat – Nabadwip Dham special) flagged off on 30th May, 2022, by Dr. Sukanta Majumdar, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, West Bengal from Balurghat station in the august presence of Hon’ble MLAs of West Bengal Dr. Ashok Lahiri (through video link), Shri Budhrai Tudu and Satyendra Nath Roy.
- In another function on that day, Hon’ble MP Dr. Sukanta Majumdar also laid the foundation stone of a New Coaching Pit Line at Balurghat station. New pit line at Balurghat station, once completed, will help in achieving smooth maintenance of rolling stock and introduction of long distance trains from Balurghat.
- During its scheduled run from 31st May, 2022, train No. 13431/13432 Nabadwip Dham – Balurghat – Nabadwip Dham express will run five days a week – on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday leaving Nabadwip Dham at 05-00 hours to reach Balurghat at 12-10 hours and leaving Balurghat at 14-20 hours to reach Nabadwip Dham at 22-00 hours on same day.
- The train will have stoppages at Katwa, Salar, Bazarsau, Khagraghat Road, Azimganj Jn, Jangipur Road, Nimtita, Dhulian Ganga, New Farakka Jn, Malda Town, Gazole, Buniadpur and Gangarampur stations during its both way journey. The train will have ten general second class coaches and two brake cum luggage vans.
- The new train service between Balurghat – Nabadwip Dham will facilitate the people of Uttar Dinajpur and Dakshin Dinajpur districts of West Bengal to avail an affordable mode of transportation and visit the holy place Nabadwip Dham and Mayapur.
- The service will boost religious tourism to Nabadwip Dham, the birthplace of the sage Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Mayapur, a place situated on the confluence of the river Ganga and Jalangi near Nabadwip Dham with beauty of nature is also well known for world’s famous ISKON Temple. This service will give an impetus to the trade and tourism sector, boosting the overall economy of the region.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway -Press Release