Vande Bharat trains to make the travel experience much better, with higher speed and more features, side recliner seat facility will be extended to all classes, Heating, Ventilation, and Air conditioning (HVAC) will improve passengers’ health and comfort.
- In the constant endeavour to give the best facilities to passengers, the Indian Railways will be introducing the new avatar of high speed train Vande Bharat i.e. Vande Bharat 2.
- Vande Bharat 2 will be equipped with more advancements and improved features like 0 to 100 Kmpl speed in just 52 second, maximum speed up to 180 Kmph, lesser weight of 392 ton instead of 430 ton and WI-FI content on demand.
- New Vande Bharat will also have 32-inch LCD TVs which were 24 inch in earlier versions. 15 percent more energy efficient ACs with dust free clean air cooling of the traction motor will make the travel more comfortable.
- Side recliner seat facility which is being provided to Executive Class passengers, will now be made available for all classes.
- In the new design of Vande Bharat Express, a photo-catalytic ultraviolet air purification system is installed in the roof mounted Roof Mounted Package Unit (RMPU) for air purification.
- As recommended by Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO), Chandigarh, this system is designed and installed in both ends of RMPU to filter and clean the air free from germs, bacteria, virus, etc. coming through fresh air and return air.
Source: PIB -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): ICF