The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has shown improvement in revenue performance from all segments during the financial year 2021-22. There has been a rise in income from passengers and freight traffic, other coaching and sundry. NFR crossed revenue earnings of Rs. 6028 crore in 2021-22 compared to Rs. 4778.22 crore in the previous year with an increase of more than 26%.
- N. F. Railway earned Rs. 1050.95 crore from originating passenger during April, 2021 to March, 2022 which is 128.21% higher than the previous year. The revenue from freight traffic of Rs. 2605.49 crore was earned in the financial year 2021-22 as compared to Rs. 2190.66 crore in 2020-21.
- Similarly, NFR earned Rs. 2143.42 crore from sundry segment in 2021-22 registering 6.53% increase as compared to Rs. 2012.08 crore in the previous financial year. The revenue from other coaching segment also went up by 98.76% to Rs. 228.51 crore, from Rs. 114.97 crore in FY 2020-21.
- As a result of various pro-active initiatives, earnings from various segments increased. 292 additional coaches have been attached in various Mail/Express trains; 476 Covid-19 parcel special and 502 Kisan parcel special trains were run during April, 2021 to March, 2022 resulted into resurgence in revenue.
- Sustainable efforts of the Business Development Units (BDUs) of NFR, new stream of traffic generated earning of more than Rs. 127 crore in 2021-22.
- To augment freight earning, 34 new terminals have been opened, 27 terminals were upgraded and 5 goods sheds were declared as alternative goods sheds for additional traffic handling.
- In 2021-22, N. F. Railway has introduced round the clock working in 20 goods terminals for generating income of workers involved in loading/unloading also and to boost the local economy.
- In a step towards “Zero Scrap Mission” of Indian Railways, NFR has sold scrap worth Rs. 155.78 crore up to 31st March, 2022. This is 64.56% higher as against the total sale of Rs. 94.66 crore during corresponding period of previous year.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR