The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has invited Bids for the work Design, Construction, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Sabarmati Depot consisting of Workshop, Inspection Sheds, various buildings, Maintenance Facilities, and Associated works on Design Build Lump Sum Price Basis in the State of Gujarat for the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
- Tender Ref No.: MAHSR-D-2
- Name of work: Design, Construction, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Sabarmati Depot consisting of Workshop, Inspection Sheds, various buildings, Maintenance Facilities, and Associated works on Design Build Lump Sum Price Basis in the State of Gujarat for the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
- Last Date of Submission: 02-12-2021
- The Government of Indiahas received a loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) towards the cost of the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
- It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under this Contract for the work as described in the title.
- The Government ofIndia through National HighSpeed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) (hereinafter referred to as Employer) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the design, execution and completion oftheWorksas described in the title.InternationalCompetitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with JICA’s Single-Stage (“Two-Envelope”) Bidding Procedure.
- Bidding will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicableGuidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans.
About the Project:
- NHSRCL is implementing a 508 Km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project (hereinafter called as Project) starting from Bandra Kurla Complex in Maharashtra and terminating at Sabarmati in Gujarat.
- The Project would be developed with the use of Japanese high speed rail technology (i.e. Shinkansen system).
- The length of alignment is 508 Km (approx.) with a double line and will be passing through two states, Maharashtra (155.642 Km) and Gujarat (350.530 Km), and one UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli (2 KMs).
- Most of the alignment, about 92.4%, will be elevated and a small portion of about 2.5% will be on the cut & fill section.
- Twelve stations are proposed at Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, and Sabarmati.
- The station at Mumbai will be Underground and all other stations will be elevated.
- There are 8 mountain tunnels and one underground tunnel of 21 Km with 7 Km under sea (Thane Creek) portion.
- Two numbers of Rolling stock depot & several maintenance/sub-maintenance depots (35 nos) are proposed along the alignment.
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of tenderer on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
- Contract Package No: NHSRCL/CPM(Civil)/Palghar/21-22/01
- Name of work: Additional Geotechnical Investigation works at Various Locations in Palghar And Thane Districts for C3 works package of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 4.45 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 6 Months
Scope of Work:
- The work mainly comprises of Geo-Technical Investigation Work including carrying out field tests including plate load tests & exploratory drilling, and laboratory tests to determine the in-situ engineering geotechnical properties, and soil parameters for HSR alignment Starting Ch 20.050 KM (Thane District) upto Ch 156+000 KM (Palghar District) of Maharashtra State, India for the C3 Package works tender of the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corporation.
- The work is to be carried out on item rate basis as per bill of quantities and tender conditions , locations will be decided during the execution by the Engineer in charge.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL