National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) invites online Open e-tenders for Appointment of agency for communication management and facilitation in land acquisition in connection with land acquisition for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed rail project in Palghar district.
- Tender Reference Number: NHSRCL/CPM(Civil)/Palghar/22-23/07
- Name of Work: Appointment of agency for communication management and facilitation in land acquisition in connection with land acquisition for Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed rail project in Palghar district.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 1,90,96,459 Crore
- EMD: INR 2,90,965 Lakh
- Period of Work: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 15th December, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 09th January, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 27th December, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 02nd January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 09th January, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 10th January, 2023
- NHSRCL (the “Employer”) is implementing the 508 Km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project (hereinafter called as MAHSR Project) starting from Bandra Kurla Complex in Maharashtra and terminating at Sabarmati in Gujarat.
- For supervision of project works, five site offices have been established at Mumbai, Palghar,Vadodara Surat and Ahmedabad headed by Chief Project Manager (CPM).
- NHSRCL intends to appoint an agency for Communication Management and Facilitation in Land Acquisition for Palghar district which is having length of 108 KM of MAHSR to handle communication with various stakeholders like land owners, government officials, people’s representatives, opinion makers, media, etc. which need to be communicated properly about the project on a regular basis.
- The Agency/Consultant shall perform the activities in accordance with the Terms of Reference (the “TOR”).
Scope of Services:
- Communication Management and Facilitation Agency (“the Agency” or the “Consultant”) shall need to create the communication matrix involving all the stakeholders of the projects. The consultant shall define a way and manner to communicate with these stakeholders. The consultant shall establish a mechanism and system to reach the stakeholders.
Objective of the Assignment:
- The primary objective of Communication Management and Facilitation in Land Acquisition is to handle communication with various stakeholders like land owners, government officials, people’s representatives, opinion makers, media, etc. which need to be communicated properly about the project on a regular basis.
- It is envisaged to engage the Consultant initially for a period of 6 months to assist NHSRCL in achieving its vision and objective of Communication Management and Facilitation, which can be extended further for a period of 6 months based on performance and mutual agreement.
Communication Management and Facilitation will have two components:
Centralized support to NHSRCL:
- The consultant will have its personnel deployed to NHSRCL. These personnel will operate from the Consultant’s office. Whenever required by NHSRCL, they will be available at NHSRCL’s office.
- The composition of the expected personnel is mentioned in formats for financial proposals. NHSRCL will entrust the consultant various projects for the responsibilities mentioned in ToR.
- For the projects entrusted to the consultant, the consultant would draw a detailed activity plan in consultation with NHSRCL. It will execute the plan in the project benefitted area.
- The consultant shall act as a single window of communication and facilitation for NHSRCL. The consultant shall coordinate with all other communication agencies, government bodies related to the projects if any.
- The consultant is expected to communicate the details of the project and its offering/benefits from the GoM/GoI to the stakeholders in an effective manner and communicate back to NHSRCL the pain points or responses of the stakeholders.
- He is also expected to assist NHSRCL and State Government in facilitating various activities in land acquisition through direct purchase/consent award under section 23A/regular award under section 23 of RFCTLARRA 2013 as the case may be.
The scope of work of Consultant shall broadly include but not limited to following:
- Resolving Gola Survey Numbers – Coordination/facilitation to Department of Land Records (Dy SLR) and Revenue department for resolving Gola Survey numbers’ Plot, as the same will be required to disburse the award declared by CALA by distribution of Notices, facilitating Gola resolution surveys, coordinating with stakeholders and getting the panchnama done so that Gola survey numbers can be resolved and compensation is disbursed to rightful owners which will ensure least resistance by PAPs at the time to taking over of land.
- Updation of Record of Title (7/12)- As per provision of RFCT-LARRA 2013 all land records to be updated by the Collector for the land under acquisition such as updation of 7/12. But practically it has not been done by the district administration on their own and addressing the same when claims arise after declaration of award for disbursement of compensation.
- After declaration of award, compensation could be disbursed only after update of 7/12. For the same PAPs to be contacted and to facilitate submission of application for updation of 7/12. Coordination to be made with Revenue authorities (Talathi, Circle officer, Tahsildar and in some cases with SDO office) for updation of 7/12 including affidavits, gazette notifications etc. for death /heirs updation etc.
- Survey and Collection of Necessary data for preparation of Micro Plan for R&R for Identification of R&R entitlement – Coordination and facilitation for providing necessary data of PAPs for R&R entitlement.
- Meetings with PAPs/Gram Panchayat – Coordination and facilitation for various meetings with PAPs and / or Gram Panchayat in Villages including stiff resistance/resistance area to convince them for MAHSR Project and to get consent / support for various purpose to complete Land acquisition and to take over encumbrance free land for MAHSR project. It includes necessary logistic and allied arrangements for meetings.
- Meetings and Coordination with various offices – Coordination and facilitation for various meetings with various authorities such as Dy SLR office, Talathi office, Circle office, Tahsildar office, Naib Tahsildar, SDO office, ADTP office, Zila Parishad, Gram Panchayat & BDO office, PWD, Agriculture, Forest, Collector office, Commissioner office and Mantralaya, LA and R&R Authority office(Appellate authority) in connection with various activities required to complete Land acquisition and allied activities. It includes necessary logistic and allied arrangements for meetings.
- Mutation and updation of acquired land in the Land Records in f/o NHSRCL – Coordination and facilitation of necessary mutation of land in Land Records of acquired Land in the name of NHSRCL. It includes submission of necessary application of NHSRCL to the Revenue authority, issue of Ferfar far Notices, delivery / dispatch of notices to the concerned parties, updation of Record of Title (7/12 and Ferfar), getting copy of the same and submission to NHSRCL for record.
- Assisting CALA in communication of R&R award and demolition of structure on field in respective village.
- Facilitation in field for tree survey and tree cutting facilitation by interaction with stakeholders.
- Any other works related to facilitation in land acquisition as directed by Engineer.
At the end of the consultancy, the consultant shall deliver to NHSRCL the following:
- Deployment of a team for ground communications at village level with manager reporting at NHSRCL’s Taluka office and Project lead at the CPM office for coordination and reporting purposes.
- The master plan of communication and the communication strategies for the project. This must include dedicated project time schedules for achieving works mentioned in the scope 3.4 within mentioned Communication tools designed and produced for ground interaction as well as for other stakeholders to achieve the scope of works of CL 3.5.
- Daily visits to all the villages in the district that are covered in the projects. Weekly reports are required in this regard along with suggestions to improve the land acquisition progress in the district Conducting weekly/ monthly tehsil, district meetings related to the project Coordination of meetings with government officials and people’s representatives.
- Weekly review meetings with NHSRCL. Weekly & Monthly progress reports must be submitted and the program for next week / month must be scheduled with the engineer in charge accordingly.
Responsibilities of Consultant:
- The Consultant shall be responsible for meeting all tax liabilities arising out of the Contract. The Income Tax etc., as applicable shall be deducted at source from the payment to the Consultant as per the law in force.
- The Consultant shall indemnify NHSRCL for any loss or damage which may be caused to NHSRCL due to deficiency in service.
- All costs, charges and expenses of and incidental, engrossing and completing the agreement in duplicate including stamp duty and registration charges shall be borne and paid by the Consultant. The registration of the Agreement shall be the sole responsibility of the Consultant.
- The Consultant shall insure his workmen, staff, equipment, etc. No additional burden should fall on the NHSRCL due to absence of insurance, if any. The Consultant shall provide certified true copies of insurance policies of the Corporation. The insurance policies should be kept valid through the entire period of the contract including extension, if any.
- The Consultant shall keep accurate and systematic accounts and records in respect of the services hereunder, in accordance with internationally accepted accounting principles and in such form and detail as will clearly identify all relevant monies received from the NHSRCL and payments made to its staff and other costs.
- The Consultant shall provide Key Personnel as mentioned in the eligibility criteria. The Consultant shall follow and abide by all rules and regulations under the Labour legislation applicable. Under no circumstances, the Consultant’s employees will be deemed as employees of the Corporation. The Consultant shall alone be responsible for all the liability as regards his employees.
Protection of the Environment:
- The Contractor shall take all reasonable steps to protect the environment (both on and off the Site) and to avoid injury, damage and nuisance to people and property resulting from pollution, noise and other results of his operations.
- The Contractor shall ensure that air emissions, surface discharges and effluent from the Site during the Contract Period shall not exceed the values indicated in the Employer’s Requirements, and shall not exceed the values prescribed by law.
- The Contractor shall conform to the Employer’s Requirements and shall indemnify the Employer against any liability or damages or claims arising out of his operations.
- The Contractor shall be responsible and liable for any stoppage, closure or suspension of the works due to any contravention of statutory requirements relating to the protection of the environment and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Employer in this regard.
- The Contractor’s Site Environmental Plan shall be developed from his Employer’s Conditions of Contract on Safety & Health and Environment, as per the Employer’s Requirements and Particular Conditions of Contract.
- Nothing extra shall be payable to the Contractor on this account and his Tender price shall be inclusive of expenditure required to be incurred for working as per Conditions of Contract on Safety & Health and Environment.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: NHSRCL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL
Be the first to comment