National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited signed an agreement on 9th February 2022 with M/s Larsen & Toubro Limited for design and construction of about 8 Km of viaduct including a HSR station in Vadodara in the state of Gujarat for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor (MAHSR C-5 Package).
- To ensure seamless integration with the railways, the Vadodara HSR station is planned above the existing platform No. 7 of Vadodara station of Indian Railway. With this integration, the passengers will get the comfort of easy transfer between HSR and Indian Railways.
- NHSRCL has already awarded 100% civil contracts for the construction of MAHSR alignment in Gujarat state (352 km out of 508 km of total MAHSR corridor) including eight (08) HSR stations (at Sabarmati, Ahmedabad, Anand, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Billimora and Vapi) and two Rolling stock depots at Sabarmati and Surat.
- Director Project, Shri Rajendra Prasad and other Directors from NHSRCL and officials from Larsen and Toubro Limited attended the contract signing ceremony.
About MAHSR Project:
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High- Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India.
- Out of 508Km, 352Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and balance 156Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
- The Construction Work is in progress in both Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli where 98% and 100% land has been acquired respectively.
- In Gujarat, High Speed Rail alignment passes through eight districts i.e. Valsad, Navsari, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Ahmedabad and work is in progress in all the eight districts.
- In Maharashtra land acquisition done so far is 40%.
- The project will entail an investment of 72,000 Crs in the state of Gujarat in both Land & construction.
- So far an expenditure of 14,200 Crs has been done.
- The project will generate direct & indirect employment of 60,000 in Gujarat state.
About Larsen & Toubro:
- Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in EPC Projects, Hi-Tech Manufacturing and Services with over USD 21 billion in revenue.
- It operates in over 30 countries worldwide.
- A strong, customer-focused approach and the constant quest for top-class quality have enabled L&T to attain and sustain leadership in its major lines of business for eight decades.
Source: NHSRCL-Press Release | Image Credit: NHSRCL