Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) Ltd. has invited online open e-Bids from interested Bidder/s to submit their proposals as per provisions of this Request for Proposal Document (RFP) for licensing of optical fibres on Noida-Greater Noida corridor of NMRC network.
- Tender Reference Number: NMRC/TELECOM/Dark Fiber/176R/214/2022
- Name of Work: Request for Proposal (RFP) document for licensing of optical fibres on Noida-Greater Noida corridor of NMRC network.
- Period of Contract: 03 Years
- EMD: INR 1,62,000 Lakh
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 17th August, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 17th September, 2022
- Pre-bid Meeting: 29th August, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th August, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 17th September, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 19th September, 2022
Objective of Licence:
- Licensing of spare optical fibres on single route of NMRC network for use by agencies/Licensees.
- To augment non-operational revenue for NMRC through Licensing of Spare Optical Fibres in NMRC network.
- Position Noida Metro as a most sought-after location for use of Optical fibres.
- Provide value to the Corporate who uses Optical Fibre in Noida Metro.
Scope of Licence:
- NMRC has an extensive Optical Fibre network in Noida and Greater Noida region along its metro route. In line with the National Telecom Policy, Noida Metro Rail Corporation plans to license out multiple pair optical fibres on its existing OFC network with dropping facility at metro station(s) in between, complying with the specification as per ITU-T recommendations G-652 working at 1310 nm/1550nm.
- In this reference, NMRC invites the Bid from the interested Telecom companies and other interested parties for expansion of their business by availing optical fibre on different routes of NMRC network, offered on licence basis. NMRC may also provide space for placement of equipment, power supply etc. as per demand of the Licensee and availability & feasibility of space at station.
- The details of available Optical Fibres ready for licensing is enumerated in Annexure “1”. Since the NMRC metro route is a dedicated elevated route and optical fibre is laid along the elevated route, therefore, it is highly safe and reliable and is not prone to any damages/ cuttings by external agencies.
- The Selected bidder will be licensed with optical Fibres detailed at Annexure-10.1 subject to terms and conditions specified in the License Agreement. The length of the fibres in every section shall be licensed to the Licensee according to clause 5.3 of this RFP.
- The fibres shall exclusively belong to the NMRC, without creating any right, title or interest of whatsoever nature in the said fibres in favour of the LICENSEE.
- The Licensee shall ensure compliance with permissible radiation limits for mobile towers as laid down by Municipal corporation/State Government/Department of Telecommunication from time to time.
Licensee shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Appoint an authorised representative to interact with nodal NMRC representatives to bring clarity in understanding of fibres, to coordinate and implement decisions taken.
- Operate, manage and maintain the entire optical fibre and plans.
- Management and use of optical fibre including providing adequate professionally trained manpower.
- Obtain all approvals, permits, etc. from all competent and required authorities, including different tiers of government, statutory, local, civic authorities, etc. at its own cost.
- Comply with all statutory requirements in connection with License Agreement.
- Ensure regular and timely payments of all amounts due to NMRC and discharge all obligations as per License Agreement.
- Payment of all statutory taxes, local levies, statutory dues, etc. as and when due.
- The interested bidder must have Access Service License/IP Registration Certificate issued from Department of Telecommunication/NLD License/License as per provision under section 4 of Indian Telegraph Act 1885 or any other duly government authorised agencies or a telemarketer/OSP (other service provider) providing services through authorised telecom service provider, failing which the offer of such Bidders shall be considered technically invalid and shall not be considered at all.
- The Bidder shall be required to submit the declaration for the purpose of regulatory compliance as per format given as Annexure-“8A” of RFP Document along with supportive documents.
General Terms for Licensing Optical Fibre in NMRC Network:
- Optical Fibres available for bidding on different routes of NMRC shall be used as per existing regulatory norms by the Bidder and NMRC reserves the right to ensure that there is no violation of the same.
- The selected Bidder shall also be required to take, prior approval from all the relevant authorities, DoT, TRAI, legal, statutory, etc. as per the applicable laws for operation of business.
- The stipulated fibres on the route shall be handed over to the licensee within 30 days from the date of receipt of full payment in accordance with Notice of Award (NOA) after joint testing of fibres.
- If the Licensee fails to take over the stipulated spare fibre within specified period, the stipulated fibres shall be deemed handed over to licensee on 30th day from the date of receipt of full payment in accordance with Notice of Award (NOA).
The optical fibres shall be allotted to the bidders according to the following conditions:
- The Fibre length mentioned in this RFP is tentative and actual length to be considered for leasing will be as per OTDR (optical Time Domain Reflectometer) readings jointly checked at the time of handover of Fibre pair.
- NMRC may also provide space for placement of equipment, power supply etc. as per demand of the Licensee at station as per charges mentioned in Draft License Agreement.
- The minimum space provision will be of size 01mX01m i.e.1 sqm (minimum chargeable area) and space usage by bidder below 01mX01m will also be charged for the min size of 01 sqm.
- Any requirement of space above 01 sqm will be made available as per charges mentioned in clause 5.11 below, subject to feasibility and availability.
- Licensee will be permitted to surrender space and power requirement as per site condition as a one time option after the lock in period of three years. Beyond that no such surrender will be entertained. Payment will be as per actual usage.
- Dropping of fibres may be permissible subject to availability and feasibility at stations only.
- The activity of dropping of fibres, pass through of fibres either by patching or splicing shall be the responsibility of licensee under the supervision and guidance of NMRC telecom staff at his own risk and cost. The cable tray and space charges shall be applicable as stipulated in the bid document. Wherever licensee uses the dropping facility, the optical fibre cable used by them for elevated stations shall be FRLS type.
- The payment of License fee and other recurring dues for the first year shall be paid within 30 days of the date of issue of Notice of Award. The payment of License fees for subsequent years including recurring charges would be payable in advance on an annual basis.
- Fibres shall be handed over within 30 days from the date of receipt of full payment as stipulated in Notice of Award (NOA). The License Agreement shall be executed within 45 days after payment of full dues as per the NOA.
- In case of delay in payment the case will be dealt as per clause 6.11 of draft license agreement. The License agreement shall be required to be registered within 30 days of its execution.
- NMRC shall ensure non-disruption of fibres to the level of 99.5%. In case the disruption time of Fibre exceeds 0.5% per quarter, NMRC shall provide 1% discount in License Fee for each 1.0% percent fibre disruption time in the concerned quarter. The down time shall be reconciled on yearly basis and the adjustment shall be done in subsequent years.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-tendering website http://etender.up.nic.in
Source: NMRC -Tender | Image Credit (representational): NMRC