The New Year has begun on a positive note for Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (NMRC) as it achieved the highest ridership of 10, 418 passengers on the first Monday of 2021 (04.01.2021) after resuming services post lockdown.
- This rise can be attributed to the fact that passengers have faith in the safety standards of NMRC and consider the Aqua Line as a safe and secure mode of public transport.
- NMRC is also taking all necessary measures to ensure a safe journey for Aqua Line commuters.
- The NMRC trains are also fully sanitised after each trip.
- The stations, platform and other “contact areas” like Call buttons of lifts, AFC gates, Handle belts of Escalators & Staircases, POS machines etc. are also sanitised at regular intervals.
- The E- Rickshaws are also regularly sanitised after every journey.
Covid Testing of NMRC Employees:
As part of the preventive measures being taken by NMRC to contain the spread of the Covid 19 virus and to safeguard its employees and their families, Noida Metro had conducted the RT-PCR test for all its employees on 04.01.2021.
- Around 371 employees got themselves tested in this medical drive.
- The reports of the tested employees were received by NMRC on 05.01.2021.
- According to the Reports received, all the 371 employees have tested negative for Covid-19 virus.
- The RT-PCR testing was conducted at three locations in order to cover all the employees working in NMRC:
- The NMRC Headquarters in Sector 29 (Noida)
- NMRC Staff Colony in Greater Noida
- Sector 51 Metro Station of the Aqua Line
- The testing was done for NMRC staff, DMRC hand holding staff and BECIL staff.
- NMRC had coordinated with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, Gautam Buddha Nagar to organise the medical camp at the above locations and for arranging the team for conducting the RT-PCR test in the NMRC premises.
- Employees were requested to carry their official I Card alongwith with a copy of their Pan Card to the testing centres for getting themselves tested.
- NMRC has always proactively tried to take various measures in helping the Government in containing the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- Even during the lockdown, the NMRC trains, stations, official premises and staff colony were regularly sanitised.
- Even after resuming operations, NMRC implemented strict guidelines for passengers travelling in the Aqua Line to ensure the safety of all its passengers.
- All passengers are screened at the entry point of metro stations for temperature.
- NMRC has also deployed staff at the stations to ensure that passengers follow the government guidelines of wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing.
- Passengers are also provided with hand sanitisers at the entry point.
- Only the passengers with face masks are allowed inside the stations.
- NMRC also encouraged Aqua Line commuters to use cashless transactions for recharging their smart card or generating QR Ticket.
Source: NMRC-Press Release | Image Credit: NMRC