Shri Ashutosh Gangal, General Manager Northern Railway informed that doubling electrification between Rajpura – Kauli – DaunKalan section on Rajpura – Bhatinda section of Ambala Division was commissioned on 17.09.2021 after successful completion of speed trial.
- With this, following facilities have been provided/augmented:
- Standard-I interlocking was replaced with Electronic Interlocking at Kauli and Daun Kalan stations of Ambala Division.
- Token instrument between Kauli-Daun Kalan replaced with dual dac.
- Kauli station is now equipped with 04 lines instead of earlier 03 lines along with one new Goods Siding.
- Out of 04 lines at Kauli, line no. 1 & 4 are common loops.
- DaunKalan station is now equipped with 04 lines instead of earlier 02 lines.
- Line no. 01 at DaunKalan is a common loop line.
- Provision of new Hot Axle Siding at DaunKalan.
- The electrification work on the railway tracks will help in reducing energy consumption and fuel expenditure.
- The new double rail line at the section will increase free movement of rail transportation.
Minister of Railways Visits New Delhi Railway Station:
Meanwhile, Sh. Ashwini Vaishnaw, Hon’ble Minister of Railways on 17.9.2021 visited New Delhi Railway Station to initiate the Cleanliness Drive over Railways the ‘Swachhata Pakhwada’. The Minster was accompanied by Sh. Suneet Sharma, Chairman and CEO Railway Board, Sh. Ashutosh Gangal, General Manager Northern Railway, Sh. Dimpy Garg, Divisional Railway Manager, Delhi Division and senior officials of Railway Board, and Northern Railway.
- On reaching the station the hon’ble minister was briefed about the cleaning methods of the station platforms and tracks.
- He took keen interest in the cleanliness equipment from a coach mounted cleaning machine to the mechanized floor scrubber.
- The Minster operated the floor mopping scooter for some distance on the platform.
- He was also presented a jacket and cap of the cleanliness drive by the Scouts and Guides volunteers.
- He later inspected the waiting rooms and witnessed a Nukad Natak presentation on the importance of swachhata conducted by the cultural society of Delhi Division.
- The Minister inaugurated the App based ‘Wheel Chair Services’ kiosk in the circulating area.
- The wheelchair service can be pre-booked for Divyangjan and Senior citizens through the app downloadable from Google Play Store.
- The wheel chair is a comfortable, motorized system driven by an attendant who drives the passenger to reach the train coach.
- He also inaugurated a Food Plaza set up by IRCTC on the Ajmeri Gate side of the station to cater to the nourishment needs of the travelers.
- He also inspected the food stalls and kiosks on the platforms and advised them to install digital methods for payment of services.
- The Minister interacted with the passengers and enquired about their travel experiences on the Indian Railways.
- Most passengers were appreciative of the services being provided by the Railways. He then visited a pandal set up for Vishwakarma Puja in the Power substation and participated in the rituals there.
- Speaking on the occasion the Minister wished the Hon’ble PM on his Birthday today and said that Railways is initiating a fortnight long intense cleanliness drive over Railways, the Swachhata Pakhwada.
- He advised the staff and officials to ensure this level of cleanliness is always maintained throughout the Railway system at all times.
- He appreciated the work being put in by railwaymen in running the railways system. He also said that more Vande Bharat express trains will be inducted for faster and convenient travel.
Source: Northern Railway-Update