Northern Railway said on Monday that it is making all out efforts to provide as much travel opportunities to the people as the situation permits. The railway zone said, we will keep striving to better our safety and punctuality records.
Shri Rajiv Chaudhry, General Manager Northern & North Central Railways replying to a media query informed that, 10 pairs of Special Rajdhani trains made a total of 361 trips in May, 2020. The punctuality percentage was 89.77
- Since the beginning of June, 2020, an average of 103 special Mail Express trains have been added besides the special Rajdhani premium trains.
- During the period 01-19 June, 2020, a total of 2075 trips were made by the special Rajdhani and other special mail express trains.
- With operational planning and execution the punctuality percentage has been bettered to 94.22.
- Due to the pandemic caused by the COVID-19, all modes of travel, Road, Rail, Water & Air were stalled to contain the spread of the virus.
- All passenger trains over the vast network of Indian Railways were stopped in their parking yards.
- After a hiatus of almost 50 days, the passenger trains started rolling again, in the form of Special Rajdhani trains from 12.05.2020.
Source: Northern Railway-Press Release