Share with your network
Mumbai: Otis Elevator Co. has been selected to provide 112 Gen2 elevators for the second phase of the Bengaluru Metro project. Otis a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) will supply the units from its local manufacturing facility in Bengaluru.
- The Bengaluru Metro project, also known as the Namma Metro project, is expected to be India’s third longest metro network once complete.
- In 2018, its riding network boasted a recorded annual ridership of 131.7 million.
- Sebi Joseph, president, Otis India said, we’re excited to be chosen for this project and to be part of India’s infrastructure growth story.
- “This project reflects our deep commitment to the “Make In India” initiative. Further, our units will help keep the people of India moving and will support the country’s efforts to drive local indigenous manufacturing by using our state-of-the-art Bengaluru facility.”
- The Bangalore Metro’s second phase is expected to be completed by 2023.
- It will cover 27 stations connecting the city’s manufacturing and tech hubs of Electronics City and Whitefield.
- It is overseen by Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL), which serves as a special purpose entity between the Government of India and the Government of Karnataka.
Be the first to comment