The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has issued Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Paras Railtech Pvt. Ltd for supply of Ballastless Track in Underground Section of Airport Express Line at the total cost of INR 23 crore.
The work shall be completed within 15 months.
This contract is for the Underground section of Extn. works of Airport Line Standard Gauge Corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Phase-3.
In March this year, the DMRC had invited online open e-tenders for the work Contract: CT-36: “Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Ballastless Track in Underground Section of Airport Express Line From Dwarka Sec-21 To ECC Dwarka Sec-25 Standard Gauge Corridor Of Delhi MRTS Project Of Phase-III.”
About The Project:
- The construction work on the 1.7-km long extension of the Airport Express Metro Line in Dwarka is in full swing.
- The corridor will improve connectivity between central and southwest Delhi.
- The extended route will be linked to the upcoming Exhibition-Cum-Convention (ECC) centre.
- The route is expected to be completed by 2021 and will be open by early 2022.
- An underground station is planned inside the ECC centre, which will be interlinked with a subway.
- A ‘cut and cover’ model is adopted for the subway construction.
- Currently, the Airport Express Line connects New Delhi railway station with Dwarka Sector-21.
- Once the extension of the corridor is completed, the Airport Express Line will be 24.4-km long.
- All guidelines set by the government agencies are being implemented while resuming works and contractors/workers are being sensitised about the precautionary guidelines at the beginning of work during the tool workshops.
- Displays with the necessary information regarding social distancing have been installed at the sites.
- Masks, sanitizers and thermal scanners have been made available at the sites as well.
- DMRC’s engineers are keeping a very close eye at the sites to ensure all norms are followed.
Source: DMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit: DMRC