Just as Maha Metro is serving the passengers without any discrimination, the state government is serving the citizens without discriminating, said honourable chief minister Shri Uddhav Thackeray on 21st August 2021. He was addressing the inaugural function of Nagpur Metro’s Sitabuldi – Zero Mile Freedom Park – Kasturchand Park section and a public park named Freedom Park, through video link.
- Shri Thackeray along with Hon. Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari, Hon. Union Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Maharashtra Urban Development Minister Shri EknathShinde, Maharashtra Energy Minister Dr Nitin Raut, Maharashtra Dairy Development Minister Shri Sunil Kedar and Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha Shri Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated the section, two stations-Zero Mile Freedom Park and Kasturchand Park and Freedom Park.
- Mayor Dayashankar Tiwari, MP Shri KrupalTumane, MLCs Shri AbhijitWanjari, Shri Girish Vyas and Shri NagoGanar, MLAs Shri Krishna Khopade, Shri Mohan Mate, Shri VikasThakre, Shri Sameer Meghe, Shri Ashish Jaiswal and Shri Raju Parwe, former cabinet ministers Shri Satish Chaturvedi and Shri Anees Ahmed, former minister of state Shri Ramesh Bang, Leader of Opposition in NMC Shri Tanaji Wanve and Shiv Sena leader Shri Girish Pandav were prominently present in the function.
“It is our responsibility to ensure that Nagpur is counted among the best cities of the country. The development works should proceed fast, they should receive support from all parties and everybody should lend a helping hand. This will benefit the people of the state,” said the Hon. CM.
- Shri Thackeray further said that Nagpur Metro is not only providing services but is also helping in development of Nagpur.
- Praising the development of Freedom Park on the occasion of country’s 75th year of Independence, the Hon. CM praised Maha Metro Managing Director DrBrijesh Dixit and his team.
- Hon. CM advised Maha Metro to use the space below the elevated viaduct should be used for public purpose.
- Hon. Union Minister Shri Puri said that Maha Metro had presented a gift to Nagpurians in the beginning of ‘AzadikaAmritMahotsav’.
- “Metro will have a major role in urban transport in the coming days. Nagpur Metro’s 60% revenue will be non-fare box, which is commendable. Moreover, 65% of its electricity requirement will be met from solar energy. Nagpur Metro is a green metro in true sense,” said the Hon. Union Minister.
- Shri Puri said that Nagpur Metro’s Zero Mile Freedom Park station will be the first metro station in the country to have 20 storeys.
- “The Phase-I of Nagpur Metro will be complete by December 2021. It will play a major role in the city by 2030,” he added.
- Hon. Union Minister Shri Gadkari congratulated Maha Metro for providing excellent services to Nagpurians and executing the project at a fast pace.
“Maha Metro has given a precious gift to Nagpurians on the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in the form of Zero Mile Freedom Park and Kasturchand Park metro stations and Freedom Park,” said Shri Gadkari said while praising Dr Dixit and his team.
- Shri Gadkari further said there was a need to construct a road underpass on the road connecting Manas Square to Zero Mile station.
- “I will sanction the required amount from Central Road Fund (CRF) and Maha Metro can use this money to execute the work,” he added.
- The Hon. Minister further said that the world’s largest fountain was being set up in Futala Lake and here Maha Metro was constructing a spectator gallery and multi-level parking.
- “I am ready to provide Rs One lakh crore for development works in Maharashtra. I have already sanctioned Rs 1,500 crore for SamruddhiMahamarg,” said Shri Gadkari.
- Maharashtra Minister Shri Shinde said that the Zero Mile premises was a witness to historic events.
- Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) is building the Nagpur-Mumbai expressway, which passes through 10 districts and connects another 14.
- “The expressway will be access controlled, which will lead to saving of time, fuel and money,” he added.
- Guardian Minister Dr Raut said that Zero Mile Freedom Park and Kasturchand Park stations have added to the beauty of the city and contributed to its development.
- “Maha Metro by developing Freedom Park on the occasion 75th year of Independence has set a great example. I congratulate Dr Dixit and his team for this work,” he further said adding that he would provide all possible help for development of the city.
- Minister Shri Kedar said that Maha Metro had ensured a complete makeover of the city.
- He praised Dr Dixit and his team for completing the work before time and doing quality work.
- He further said that work on Pune Metro was also progressing fast.
- “Metro is doing the work of connecting everybody and the state government will provide all possible help to development works,” he added.
- Leader of Opposition Shri Fadnavis also heaped praises on the quality and fast work done by Maha Metro.
- He added that Metro had changed the face of the city in a short duration and urged the organization to continue its good work.
- Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, Maha Metro Chairman and MoHUA Secretary, in his welcome address said that it was a matter of great joy that Maha Metro had opened the Freedom Park right at the beginning of 75th year of Independence.
- “The foundation stone of Nagpur Metro was laid by the Hon. Prime Minister on August 20, 2014 and now Maha Metro has organized this function on August 20.
- The organization has made its mark in the country by its excellent work,” he added.
- Smt Shweta Shukla-Shelgaonkar compared the programme while Maha Metro MD Dr Brijesh Dixit proposed the vote of thanks.
Source: NMRCL-Press Release
Be the first to comment