Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited the stall of UPMRC and appraised the efforts of Uttar Pradesh Metro. ‘Urban India Conclave 2021’ organized under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at Indira Gandhi Pratisthan from 5th to 7th october. UPMRC is also exhibiting its stall with the aim of providing best facilities to the public of the city. Smt. Anandiben Patel, Governor of Uttar Pradesh; Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh, Shri Rajnath Singh, Defense Minister, GoI; Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Urban and Housing Development Minister, GoI; Shri Keshav Kumar Maurya and Shri Dinesh Sharma, Deputy Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh also visited the stall of UPMRC.
- On this occasion, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi spent some moments at the stall of Uttar Pradesh Metro and he discussed the progress of various projects of Uttar Pradesh Metro with Shri Kumar Keshav, Managing Director, Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation.
- Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Shri Modi said, “Metro is a great example of the holistic approach with which work is being done on both the problem of traffic and the challenge of pollution.
- Today metro service is expanding rapidly across the country.
- In 2014 less than 250 Kms of Metro train was operational for the public, whereas today more than 750 kms of Metro is operational all over India.
- Apart from this Metro is being constructed on more than 1050 Kms and in UP it is being constructed in 6 cities.
On this occasion, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath said, “Metro is a great example of public transport system. Metro is successfully running in 4 cities of Uttar Pradesh- Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Noida and Greater Noida. Metro is being constructed at extremely fast pace in Kanpur and Agra”.
Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Urban and Housing Affairs Minister said, “In Uttar Pradesh, 82 kms of Metro network is operational and construction is being done on 131 kms of Metro Network in UP.
- In this exhibition Uttar Pradesh Metro had put up a special stall based on all the achievements and contributions of UPMRC.
- On this occasion Kumar Keshav, MD, UPMRC said Metro projects of Lucknow, Kanpur and Agra are exhibited in the stall through films and booklets.
- The details regarding the upcoming Gorakhpur’s Metro project also became the centre for attraction.
- Apart from this, models of trains, tunnel boring machines (underground digging machines) and souvenir items are also kept for sale in the stall.
- In this conclave, organized at Indira Gandhi Pratishthan from October 5 to October 7, the public will get aware about the development of Uttar Pradesh through various stalls exhibited at the expo.
- They will also be able to know the progress of different upcoming Metro projects in different cities of the state.
- To strengthen the public transport system and to provide a safe, convenient, fast and reliable means of public transport to the general public, UPMRC has been working with full commitment since its inception.
- Presently the work of Kanpur and Agra Metro projects of UPMRC is progressing at a fast pace.
- The unloading of the first metro train for Kanpur Metro’s Priority Corridor (IIT to Motijheel) took place recently at the Kanpur Metro Depot at Gurudev Chauraha.
- A trial run on this corridor is likely to take place in November.
- The construction work is progressing at a fast pace from Taj East Gate to Jama Masjid under the primary section of Corridor-1 in Agra, which is famous for tourism all over the world.
Source: UPMRC-Press Release