Share with your network
The PCMC metro station to Phugewadi metro station and Vanaz to Garware college metro station has been operational since 6th March, 2022.
- Soon Pune Metro will complete the work from Phugewadi to Civil Court in the corridor I and Garware college to Civil Court in corridor II.
- Simultaneously, the work on the Communication Based Train Control Signalling System (CBTC), commissioning of the command and control centre, commissioning of Receiving Substation (RSS), etc are being undertaken by Maha Metro.
- Pune Metro has made various options available for buying tickets at metro stations. Last week, Pune Metro installed Digital Kiosk at the stations so that passengers don’t have to wait in queues to buy tickets.
- A Digital Kiosk is designed for a stand-alone unmanned operation and gives ticketing services to patrons using only digital payment methods i.e UPI only. In the future, patrons can make payments with a Bank card Also.
- The digital kiosk has a touch screen with instructions available in three languages – Marathi, Hindi, and English to avail tickets. A passenger can easily operate the digital kiosk to buy tickets.
- In the digital kiosk, physical tickets, as well as digital tickets (tickets on WhatsApp), can be obtained. Maha Metro urges passengers to opt for WhatsApp tickets to avoid the physical paper ticket.
- At present, all the operational stations of Pune Metro have installed digital kiosks.
- PCMC metro station installed 3 digital kiosks, SantTukaram Nagar metro station -1, Bhosari station -1, Kasarwadi metro station-1, and Phugewadi -1 in the corridor I and Vanaz metro station – 1, Anand Nagar metro station-1, Ideal Colony metro station- 1, Nal stop metro station- 1 and Garware college metro station- 1 in the corridor 2. Total 12 digital kiosks have been installed at the stations.
- Apart from the digital kiosk, every station has a TOM (Ticket Office Machine) where a passenger can buy a ticket with the help of a TOM operator. At TOM, passengers can pay in cash or through all digital modes of payment and credit/debit cards. A passenger can obtain a paper QR ticket or QR ticket on WhatsApp.
- For frequent travellers, Pune Metro has made a Pune Metro Mobile App which is available on android and IOS platforms. Passengers can buy tickets through the mobile app in a completely digital process. On the app, all modes of online payment are made available.
- The tickets will also be used in digital QR code mode on the mobile App. The digital QR code ticket obtained through the App will be directly used for scanning at the access control gate. The majority of the Punekars are opting for the digital modes of payment and ticketing because of this lots of paper is getting saved.
On this occasion, Shri Brijesh Dixit- MD, Maha Metro said, Pune Metro is committed to making available world-class ticketing infrastructure for commuters. The digital kiosk is an eco-friendly initiative which will also save time for the commuters”.
Source: Pune Metro- Press Release | Images Credit (representational): Pune Metro
Be the first to comment