Pune Metro team made presentations before the PMC commissioner and other officials.
- Preliminary discussions were held on 27th September, 2022, it will be followed by a site visit along the proposed draft DPR next week.
- Shri. Atul Gadgil-Director (Works) Pune Metro, Shri. Vikram Kumar-PMC Commissioner, Shri. P.K. Acharya-Advisor, Shri. Shrinivas Bonala-Chief Engineer Project, PMC, and Shri. Hemant Soanwane Executive Director (PR) was present during the presentation on DPR Phase 2.
About Pune Metro:
- Pune Metro project has been undertaken by MAHA Metro, a SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) of Government of India and Government of Maharashtra.
- The project intends to develop world class metro stations and surrounding areas featuring the rich cultural heritage.
- Modern, Safe, Secured, Comfortable and an integrated public transport system for the city of Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad will enhance the lifestyle of the citizens.
|Alignment||Corridor||Rail Length||No. of Stations|
|Line 1 (14 Stations)||PCMC – Swargate||17.4 KM||5||9|
|Line 2 (16 Stations)||Vanaz – Ramwadi||15.7 KM||–||16|
About Maha Metro:
- MAHA-METRO a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV),a 50:50 jointly owned company of Government of India and Government of Maharashtra.
- The existing Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL) which would be reconstituted into Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-METRO) for implementation of all metro projects including Pune Metro Rail Project Phase-1 in the State of Maharashtra outside Mumbai Metropolitan Region for the smooth implementation, execution and operations.
- Project will be covered under the legal framework of the Metro Railways (Construction of Works) Act, 1978; the Metro Railways (Operation and Maintenance) Act, 2002; and the Railways Act, 1989, as amended from time to time.
Source: Pune Metro -Press Release | Images Credit (representational): Pune Metro