The Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-METRO) has invited eligible bidders to participate in the work Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Supply, Storage, Civil work, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of the Rooftop and Boundary Walls mounted Solar PV projects under RESCO model including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of 5.0 MWp Solar PV project for a period of 25 years after commissioning of 10 Nos. of Elevated Stations and 2 Nos. of Depots for Pune Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Ref No.: P1EG-02R/2021
- Completion Period:
- Execution/ Erection Period: 1.5 Years (including Monsoon Period) from the date of issue of LOA.
- PPA Period: 25 years from the date of commissioning & commercial operation (COD).
- Tender Document Download Start Date: 31-03-2021
- Tender Document Download and Bid Submission Last Date: 22-04-2021
- Tender Opening Start Date: 22-04-2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting Start Date: 06-04-2021
- Pre-Bid Meeting Location: Office of Maha-Metro, 101, ‘The Orion’, Opposite Don Bosco Youth Centre, Koregaon Park, Pune- 411001.
Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (hereinafter called “Maha-Metro”) a SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) has been formed with equal equity participation of Govt. of India & Govt. of Maharashtra for implementation of Rail based Mass Rapid Transit System called “Pune Metro Rail Project” covering a total length of 31.25 Km with 30 nos. of stations.
The generated solar power will be utilized generally for captive requirements of Maha-Metro and any momentary surplus power will be fed to the MSEDCL/MSETCL grid through a Net Meter. The scheme aims to reduce the fossil fuel based electricity load on the main grid and make the metro system self-sustainable from the point of electricity, to the extent possible.
List of Selected Sites by Maha-Metro:
|S. No||Sites of Maha-Metro||Approx. Total Capacity (KWP)|
|1||Maha-Metro station rooftops 10 Nos (5 Nos. of Reach-1 and 5 Nos. of Reach-2)||5000 KWp|
|2||Hill view Park Car Depot|
|3||Range Hill Depot|
The above capacity is indicative only, Bidder however has to maximize as per site availability. 25% variation can be operated in these sites to the capacity mentioned in the above table.
- The tender is for 5.0 MWp Rooftop and Boundary Walls Mount Solar PV Power System on Rooftops and on the boundary walls of the Depots. The above work shall be awarded to a technically qualified bidder. The work as specified above shall be awarded to L-1 (Lowest evaluated bidder).
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for the bidder include detailed survey of sites identified in this tender, Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Supply, Storage, Civil work, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of the Rooftop and Boundary Walls mounted Solar PV projects under RESCO model including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of 5.0 MWp Solar PV project for a period of 25 years after commissioning of 10 Nos. of Elevated Stations and 2 Nos. of Depots for Pune Metro Rail Project.
- The Project cost shall include all the costs related to above Scope of Work. Bidder shall quote for the entire facilities on a “single responsibility” basis such that the total Bid Price (Tariff) covers all the obligations mentioned in the Bidding Documents in respect of Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Supply, Storage, Civil work, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of the Rooftop and Boundary Walls mounted Solar PV projects under RESCO model including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of 5.0 MWp Solar PV project for a period of 25 years after commissioning of 10 Nos. of Elevated Stations and 2 Nos. of Depots for Pune Metro Rail Project, goods and services including spares required if any during O&M period.
- The Bidder has to take all permits, approvals and licenses, Insurance etc., provide training to O&M staff and such other items and services required to complete the scope of work mentioned above.
Operation & Maintenance (O&M):
- The bidder shall be responsible for operation and maintenance of the Solar PV systems for a period of 25 years for during which Maha-Metro will monitor the project for effective performance in line with conditions specified elsewhere in the bid document.
- During this period, the bidder shall be responsible for supply of all spare parts as required from time to time for scheduled and preventive maintenance, major overhauling of the plant, replacement of defective modules, inverters, PCU’s, etc and maintaining log sheets for operation detail, deployment of staff for continuous operations and qualified engineer for supervision of O&M work, complaint logging & its attending.
- The developer (i.e. selected bidder) is responsible for remedying any damage in the roof at the time of installation of Solar Power System and for the whole O&M period (25 Years).
- To ensure the damages are rectified/made good a third party inspection jointly with power producer and power purchaser will be conducted annually. The developer should immediately take necessary action to repair any damage to the roofs. Maha-Metro may impose suitable penalty for the delay caused to resolve the issue.
Documents can be downloaded from Maha Metro’s e-tender Portal https://mahametrorail.etenders.in.
About the Project:
Pune Metro project has been undertaken by MAHA Metro, a SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) of Government of India and Government of Maharashtra. The project intends to develop world class metro stations and surrounding areas featuring the rich cultural heritage.
Pune Metro Rail project will have two corridors.
Corridor-1 : PCMC – Swargate
- The length of corridor 1 is 17.4 KM.
- Total 14 stations have been planned along this corridor out of which 9 are elevated and 5 are underground stations.
Corridor-2: Vanaz – Ramwadi
- The length of corridor 2 is 15.7 KM.
- Total 16 elevated stations have been planned along this corridor.
What is the RESCO Model ?
The RESCO model is one of the methods of implementing solar projects. Under the RESCO model, a Renewable Energy Service Company that provides energy to consumers from renewable energy sources develops, installs, finances, operates and owns the rooftop solar project. It supplies power generated from the Project to the consumer on whose premises the project is set up through net-metering.
Recent Project Updates:
- Mar 27, 2021: The Viaduct of Pune Metro from PCMC to Dapodi has been completed and work on the Metro Stations of this route is also in progress.
- Mar 25, 2021: First PEB (pre-engineered building) roof structure erected at Kasarwadi Metro Station of Pune Metro Reach-1 PCMC to Range Hill route.
- Mar 23, 2021: Secant piling work has started for Mandai Metro Station of Pune Metro Underground route. This station will be more convenient for the passengers going to Tulshibaug, Mahatma Phule Mandai, Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple.
Mar 22, 2021:Pune Metro has completed 1st span of 11 segments along riverbed for Reach2 Vanaz-Civil Court route
Source: Maha-Metro-Tender | Image Credit: Pune Metro