Share with your network
Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), New Delhi, Shri Janak Kumar Garg, (Statutory Independent Authority) conducted inspection and testing of PCMC-Phugewadi section and 5 stations of Priority Section of Pune Metro, between 26th-28th Dec 2021. During his inspection he carried out safety check following checks/testing:-
- Inspected all 5 metro stations-Phugewadi, Kasarwadi, Bhosari, Sant Tukaram, and PCMC and inspected all the passenger amenities provided by Maha-Metro:
- Checked provision of staircases, conducted test on lifts and escalators for proper functioning as per codal standards/NBC.
- Facilities provided in metro station for convenience of differently abled and normal passengers eg toilets, ramps, signages.
- Fire prevention system -conducted mock drill of smoke detection and fire alarm and readiness of metro station control staff to handle emergency situations/evacuation of passengers in case of emergency.
- AFC gates, ticketing facilities. e.Auxiliary Sub Stations/Telecom/ communication/signaling facilities at stations.
- Motor trolly Inspection of entire 7km section in both the directions during which he conducted intensive quality checks of track, rail welding, curves, drainage from Viaduct, Points and crossing, critical track components, Buffer stops, Platform clearances on all the station, checked overhead electrical traction system, signaling system,
- Conducted confirmatory train testing on entire 7km section by metro train in both the direction and turn back arrangements for train at PCMC and Phugewadi.
- Inspected elevated viaduct and Conducted NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) to check quality of concrete, steel girders with regards to codal provision.
- Conducted intensive quality audit of Maha-Metro works of all the departments.
- Inspection of overhead maintenance facility for coaches at PCMC end at sunken pit.
- CMRS also accompanied trial running and testing of newly arrived coaches from Hill View Car Depot at Vanaz to Garware. These train set are undergoing intensive trial testing before their induction into regular services.
All the testing has been successful and CMRS expressed his satisfaction and appreciated quality of work by Maha-Metro. Authorization of CMRS for PS1 section of Maha-Metro is expected shortly.
Source: Pune Metro-Press Release
Be the first to comment