Pune Metro comprises of 30 stations spread over two corridors which run over a total length of approximately 33.1 km. The 17.4 km Line 1 from PCMC to Swargate corridor has a 6 km underground stretch from Shivaji Nagar to Swargate. The 15.4 km Line 2 is elevated from Vanaz to Ramwadi.
- The work of Pune Metro is going in full swing.
- 65 percent of the Pune Metro has been completed and soon the priority sections will be operational for passengers.
- These priority sections are Sant Tukaram Nagar to Phugewadi and Vanaz to Garware College.
- The complete Pune Metro project will wind up by December 2022.
- Pune Metro from its inception stage has taken various green initiatives to protect and conserve the environment.
- Large scale use of solar power, water harvesting, biodigesters, plantations of trees, and green buildings are some of the notable initiatives.
- Pune Metro has not cut a single tree that came in the way of Metro alignment.
- Pune Metro took extraordinary efforts to transplant the trees which were coming in an alignment way through innovative root-ball technology.
- Trees were planted in various gardens and premises made available by local authorities.
- Pune Metro has so far transplanted 2261 trees.
- Apart from these, Pune Metro has planted more than 15,000 new trees at various locations in and around Pune city.
- More than 80 per cent of trees have survived after transplant.
Progress of the Project:
- Reach 1 physical progress is 83.12 per cent and Financial Progress is 79.50 per cent.
- For Reach 2 physical progress is 95.8 percent and Financial Progress is 87.4 percent and for Reach 3 overall 55 per cent of work is completed.
- Sant Tukaram Nagar Station work is completed and Phugewadi station work is 90 percent completed.
- The priority section I (Sant Tukaram Nagar to Phugewadi) and section II (Vanaz to Garware College) work are 50-60 per cent completed.
- 80 percent of the tunnelling work is completed.
- Electric OHE work is 50 percent completed.
- The Range Hill depot work is 83 percent completed whereas 90 percent of Hill view park depot work is completed.
Source: Pune Metro-Update | Image Credit (representational): Pune Metro