Share with your network
The standing committee of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Tuesday approved the proposed Swargate to Katraj metro extension. Officials said that the extended 5.4 km underground metro corridor will be completed by 2028.
- Mahamatro had earlier submitted a Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Metro extension from Swargate to Katraj.
- The committee on Tuesday approved the report on the extension of the metro project.
- Now the metro rail route has been extended till Katraj.
- Also, the standing committee has given its approval for allocating Rs 233 crore for the extension of Metro.
- This extension of Metro project is expected to cost Rs 4,283 crore.
- The Mahavikas Aghadi government (MVA) has allocated Rs 640 crore for Pune Metro project in the state budget for 2020-21.
- The first budget of the MVA government, presented in the assembly on 06.03.2020, seeks to provide a fillip to infrastructure development in the state by proposing an outlay of over Rs 30,000 crore.
Image Credit: Pune Metro
Be the first to comment