IRCON International Limited has issued LoA (Letter of Acceptance) to M/s. Rahee Infratech Limited for the work of “Design with Proof Checking of Broad Gauge Ballast less Track including Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning between Arpinchala to Dharam and Sangaldan — Ind — Basindadar (approx. 42.500 km) in the section of Udhampur-Srinagar- Baramulla Rail Link Project, J&K. (Package: BLT-03).
- Tender No: IRCON/JKCELL/JAT/14/1014/KB/ Basi-Arpin/BLT03/448
- Contract Value: Rs. 223.61 Crore
- Completion Period: 15 Months
About Rahee Infratech Ltd. (RIL):
Established in 1948, Rahee Infratech Ltd. is the flagship company of the Rahee Group. The company was established as a partnership firm under the name and style of Ramchander Heeralall; to manufacture Railway Track Products. It has come a long way since and today the company excels in Civil Construction, Bridge Works, Track Works, Steel Fabrication, Mobile Flash Butt Welding and manufacturing of engineering components for Railways.
About Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail link Project:
Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail link Project (USBRL) having length of 272 Km long Railway Line from Udhampur to Baramulla joining the Kashmir valley with rest of the country and has been declared as National Project in 2002. Out of 272 Km of USBRL Project, work has been completed on 161 Km and commissioned. Status of work sub-divided into three legs is as under:
- Udhampur – Katra -25km (commissioned in July 2014)
- Quazigund – Baramulla – 118km (commissioned in Oct., 2009)
- Banihal – Quazigund – 18km (commissioned in June 2013)
- Katra to Banihal- 111km in progress (Target 2022-23)
Katra-Banihal Section of USBRL Project:-
- The work on intervening stretch of Katra-Banihal section (111 km) is in progress and this section predominantly involves tunnelling i.e. 97 Km out of 111 Km (i.e. 87%) of length of Katra-Banihal section is in tunnels and maximum length of tunnel T-49 is 12.75 Km.
- There are 27 nos. of Main tunnel having length of 97.6 Km and 8 nos. of Escape tunnel having length of 66.4 km, with cumulative length of about 164 Km of tunneling are being constructed in Katra-Banihal section.
- Presently, 140.81 Km of tunnelling i.e. 84.2 Km (20 nos.) out of 97.6 Km (27nos.) of Main tunnel and 56.61 Km (3 nos.) out of 66.4 Km (8 nos.) have been completed.
- There are 37 nos. of Bridges (combined length of 7 Km) and includes 26 nos. major bridges and 11 nos. minor bridges.
- Currently, 13 nos. of major bridges and 10 nos. minor bridges have been completed and work on all fronts are in progress .
- These bridges include the iconic Chenab Bridge (Overall length 1315 m, Arch span of 467 m and height of 359 m above river bed) which will be the highest railway bridge in the world.
- Arch Launching of Chenab bridge was completed on 05.042021.
- Indian railway’s first cable-stayed bridge is also being constructed on AnjiKhad and 130 m of Main Pylon out of 193m have been cast and an ancillary viaduct portion of Anji Bridge has been completed.
- Launching of Other Major bridges 39 & 43 is in progress and 310m and 260m of launching have been completed respectively.
Source: IRCON-Tender Update | Image credit (representational): MoR